Stitches

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Three weeks. Three long weeks of staying in bed unconscious. It's been three weeks since I've been rescued, and a whole month since I've come to live with Father, but not enough memories made in that span of time.

"Dee? Are you okay?"

I look up, glaring at him. "Okay? You're asking if I'm okay when you just told me that I've been in a coma for almost a month!" I yell, still on edge with the information.

"Yes?" he replies, unsure of his answer.

"I'm gonna kill you, Damian," I glare.

"As much as I do appreciate and miss your liveliness, Master Demetria. Please do refrain from spilling any more blood in this household. There has been more blood spilled this month than the amount of water this family consumes each year," Alfred says. He walks past me and out the door. "As you two, catch up, I shall call your father and inform him of the good news."

As he walks down the hallway, I stop him, an idea popping into my head. "Alfred!" I run up to him. "Instead of you calling him, can I go to him? Like a surprise?"

"You had just woken up from a serious coma, Master Demetria. You cannot leave the house," he scolds.

"I agree with Pennyworth," Damian butts in, "you should stay here and rest."

"That's not fair! I've been resting for three weeks now! What I need right now is fresh air," I retort.

"We're trying to look out for you Dee."

"If you're trying to look out for me, then why don't you come with me?" I offer. "That way, you can make sure that nothing happens to me and I would still be able to see Father."

Alfred and Damian to their little telepathic eye-contact thing again, sighing in defeat within the first few seconds.

"Fine," Damian groans out. "But Pennyworth is driving us. We're not having another incident like last time," Damian says crossing his arms.

"Fine by me," I say happily. "Alfred?"

"As long as you two have breakfast first," Alfred says, making his way towards the staircase.

With a smile, I follow Alfred with Damian trailing behind me. As Alfred walks down the stairs, I jump onto the rail and begin to surf down, flipping off of the rail and landing on the floor.

"Master Demetria!" Alfred scolds, as I run away, laughing. 

Entering the kitchen, I take a seat at the family table, patiently but excitedly waiting for Alfred Damian. Damian walks in with his hands in his pocket, going straight to the chair to my left.

"Master Demetria, you are still recovering," Alfred says, entering the room.

"I just have a lot of energy stored up. I need to do something or else I'll go crazy."

"Tch. We've already had this conversation. You're already crazy," Damian says, rolling his eyes.

I glare at him, causing him to cross his arms and stare back. A few seconds into our intense stare down, I make a quick jab to his shoulder. Successfully injuring him, he glares at me once again and lunges at me, knocking me off of my seat. We land on the ground, with him on top of me.

"Alfred! Help!" I call, trying to push Damian off of me. "Dami! No, please! I'm injured!" I cry, hoping that it will persuade him to jump off of me.

"Master Damian! Get off of your sister this instant!" Alfred yells at Damian.

Damian sits up straight, his head peeking over the table while keeping my hands pinned down. "She's perfectly fine, Pennyworth," he says, as I continue to thrash beneath him. "Stop moving or else I'll do something that you'll regret."