"Jamila aapi." Avantika flushed further hiding her face behind her palms.

"Hania, Jamila bus ab. Both of them are getting engaged, Ammi Be has even set a date for it, let them go out, test waters." Meera smiled at Avantika.

"Chalo ab. Hania and I will collect clothes from Ammi be and Avantika and Jamila go see if the bag of grains and coins have been segregated for distributing among the needy and poor." Meera said and soon the congregation dispatched into two groups to fulfil their given agenda.

Ammi Be along with Nadia khala had already made bundles of sarees and kurtas to be distributed among the masses.
Meera sat on the bed, next to Ammi Be as they discussed about Eid which was probably the next day and about Abhishek and Avantika's Roka. (Engagement)

Meera had put forth the idea of doing Roka ceremony a week after Eid in front of Ammi be who was thrilled about it.

Abhishek had wormed his way into Inayat and Haider's heart and was now was a part of their family.

Meera along with Ammi be selected clothes and jewellery to wear to the Eid-al-Fitr Dawaat.

"Oh I'm so happy, after so long we are having a celebration, it's been a long time since Noor's wedding." Inayat smiles folding up a saree.

"Ammi jaan." Meera called sitting on Inayat's bed placing the gifts selected for the guests on the tray with Hania.

"Yes my dear ?"

"Ammi I know today is a happy day but feel so hollow, there is this feeling in my stomach which won't go, I feel unhappy, like nothing in the world is going right, like I'm going to loose everything I hold dear."

"Is it because of what happened yesterday ? Don't mind Zulekha she-."

"She wasn't wrong Ammi, had I not come in the middle she would be Haider's wife today, I can understand how difficult it is to forget your first love." She said with a sigh.

"So what do you suggest ? Are you planning on leaving Haider ? Are you going to give your husband away to her, she loves him so it makes sense that you-."

"I will never, I love him Ammi, as strange it may sound, I love him more than I have loved anyone in my life, I love him more than life itself, I'd die if someone was to separate him and I."

Inayat smiled, her eyes twinkled at the confession Meera had made, she knew that Meera cared deeply for her son and finally the right words had rolled from her tongue.

"Then meri jaan don't think much about it, when you have no control over a situation just let Allah take the reign."

"Ji Ammi jaan." Meera said. "I'll go look after the preparation for tomorrow ." She said and walked out of her room.
Inspite of talking to Inayat, Meera's heart felt heavy, she knew only Haider could make her feel herself again.

She decided to take a detour towards his chamber to talk to him, she hadn't seen him since yesterday. She knew fasting the entire day made him cranky and if not reminded he wouldn't take a break from his work.

As she approached his study she could hear loud voices from inside.

"-how can you all be so careless, find out who it is, I want all the gates sealed." Haider boomed. "How could someone enter our walls and you know nothing about it."

"I'll look into it sir."

"I want them in my court Daniaal before the celebration of my Eid ends, I want them." Haider roared.
Meera shuddered at Haider's angry voice.

The door of the study opened making Meera jump at the sheer suddenness.

"What are you doing here ?" Haider's cold voice made chills run down her spine.

"I.. I just.. I ju-."

"If you have no work and are just loitering find another corner of the palace to do so." He said and walked past her.

Meera's eyes moistened at his hostile behaviour, she had come to talk to him to see if he was still upset about the events of yesterday but instead of making the situation better, they had taken a turn for the worst.

The guard standing outside the room cleared his throat.

"Apologies Malaika e Hindustan, Badesha had asked not to let anyone in this section including you." he said with his eyes cast down. "I didn't know how to stop you."

"Oh no problem. Thank you." Meera said with a small smile and turned back and headed with a heavier heart.

Meera engaged herself with the decoration of the harem and the courtyard for the dawaat on the next day.

"Malika, the dancers have prepared their sets, the khansama is here to discuss about the food menu for tomorrow."

"Send him in." Meera said.
All the women had taken their parda as the khansama was announced in the harem courtyard.

"Assalam Walekum Malika e Hindustan." He greeted her.

"Namaste." She said with joined hands. "Ammi be has asked me to go over with the menu for tomorrow's Dawaat with you."

"Ji Malika, we have thought of keeping Sheer Khurma, Kimami sewaiya, Mutton Korma, Biryani, Nihari, Haleem, Sheermal, Naan , Phirni, Seekh Kabab, Galouti Kabab, Bhuni Raan and Shahi Tukda."

"It's quite an elaborate spread." Meera giggled. "But it seems like you want me to starve."

"Oh no your highness, we will have food prepared without gosht for you." The chief chef said with a smile.

"Great, I hope everyone likes what you serve tomorrow."

"Inshallah."

The rest of her day too passed with Meera running from one end of the palace to the other, although the responsibility of arranging the perfect dawaat maintaining the standard of Mughal empire was difficult Meera enjoyed herself and kept herself engaged the entire day.

As the day came to an end and when the sun made its way behind the mountain a number of people had placed themselves on the rooftop of the palace, watching the cloudy sky, looking out for the perfect crescent moon.

Meera and Inayat had placed themselves on the dining table waiting for the rest to join.

"Zulekha isn't going to join us my dear, she want to spend time alone." Ammi be informed Meera.

"Hmm." Meera hummed. "She needs time for herself it's underst-."

"Sorry I'm late." Abhishek said pulling out his chair and taking his place.

"Not more than Haider." Ammi be complained.

"Actually Ammi Be, Haider said that he won't be joining, he has already asked them to get his food in his room."

"What is wro-." Ammi Be was interrupted my Jamila's squeals.

"Chand nazar aa gaya ! Chand nazar aa gaya. Ammi Begum, Malika Chand nazar aa gaya."

AN: I'm just left with probably one or two chapter to write with this story. What a journey it had been honestly. I would have never thought i could do it, and I've done it because of you guys, you are way too good, so thank you so much.

90% of the readers don't vote and it sucks, it takes a lot to write so please all you have to do is hit the star, please do it.

Lots of love
xoxo