Chapter 4: Training Camp Day 1

Sometime after the Shokugeki with Soma and Ikumi, I was fast asleep in my bed. As I slept in my bed, I felt something soft aggressively hitting me. Opening my eyes, I sat up, rubbing my eyes and faced the direction where I had been smacked. When I was fully awake, I then looked to see that Isshiki was standing there in my room with my pillow, smiling at me.

" 'Morning, Yamazaki-chan! Meet us outside when you're ready!" Isshiki said, tossing my pillow back into my bed and walking out of my room. Pouting behind him as he left, I got up and took the time to get ready. I checked my phone to see what time it was, 11:20 am.

Considering that it was only 11:20, I had a good feeling that the others woke up hours ago, and they would often leave me sleeping instead. After getting changed and brushing my teeth, I stepped outside of the dormitory, heading to the back where everyone was and greeted the ones who were insight.

"Do you usually wake up much later than everyone else, Yamazaki?" Soma asked me when he had taken notice that I was finally awake after everyone had woken up.

"Sadly, yes. I used to wake up around the same time as the rest. Then I started to sleep in more, and they wouldn't wake me up since they're always complaining about anything I do," I replied. I sighed, recalling when my dorm mates would often complain whenever I came outside with them with some physical labour.

"Don't listen to her. She's always running around talking to everyone instead of helping," Yuki interrupts us as I fired back at the female in anger though Yuki just laughed back at me.

"Oh yeah, by the way, I saw you with Nakiri during the Shokugeki. What's your relationship with her?" Soma asked me. Since he only said Nakiri, I stood there in confusion for a moment since I didn't know which Nakiri he was referring to, but then I realized that he meant Erina since she was the only one there.

"You mean Erina chan? That's a secret! But I guess you can say I'm friends with her. I'll tell you another day!!" I smiled as I skipped off, heading to the garden where Isshiki was. As I walked off, I heard Soma and Yuki holding a small conversation, quietly talking.

"Do you know anything about Yamazaki and Nakiri?" Soma asked her.

"Nope. Y/N chan doesn't talk about herself that often," Yuki replies.

After 20 minutes had passed by, it was almost 12. I didn't get a chance to eat anything except maybe snacking on some of the crops grown here in the back and had one tomato even though I rarely ate tomatoes. Now, there were some of us complaining after working for a long time. Megumi then came back with a lunchbox wrapped in a cloth. Everyone who was outside now gathered together with Megumi, waiting for her to open the lunch. As soon as she opened the lunchbox, the inside was filled with onigiris.

"Onigiris?! Hell yeah! Thanks for the food!" I called out with a lot of energy, grabbing one as everyone took one of their own and took a bite. "Hm?! This is not bad. It's pretty good, Megumi chan!" I smiled at her.

Isshiki, Yuki, Ryoko and Ibusaki all complimented her at the taste of the handcrafted rice balls from Megumi. Megumi had also brewed barley and green tea as I took the green tea over the barley. As everyone took another bite, Soma then looked at Megumi.

"Why can't you cook like this in class?" Soma bluntly asked her. Glaring at the red-haired male, I punched Soma right in the head when he had asked Megumi that question. "What?!" Soma held his head in pain as he whined at me

"You're stupid, Soma," I said, giving him no reaction.

"Well...I have stage fright. When I get nervous, I blank out and get nervous..." Megumi explained anyways.