01 🧚‍♀️

Ashley's POV

The sun is burning hot on this summer's day. Dom has been in his office the whole day. Probably working through bills. He is so stressed out with the payment that is due within this week.

I've been working on this Skyline. It is a piece of shit. I roll out from under the car. Whipping my hands on the rag. I turn my head to see that new guy flirting with Mia again.

 I turn my head to see that new guy flirting with Mia again

Vince is going to lose his shit. I hear the cars coming down street and I know this is absolute bullshit. He needs to realize that Mia is not in love with him. It's actually pretty sad because Dom doesn't do anything to discourage him.

I see them parking outside. Letty coming in with a stride. "Hey Mia. What's up Ash." Nodding in her direction she points towards the office door. Shaking my head. She rolls her eyes and opens the door. I only see Dom lifting a beer can at her and she shut the door again.

Walks over towards me. "Fucking asshole." I start to laugh as she leans against the car. We are the same age. 20 turning 21 in less than a month. She still got about four months before her 21.

Vince pushes the guy out and a fight breaks lose. "Dom come break this up." Dom only looks out the window and continues with his papers. Letty raises an eyebrow. Mia looks confused.

Throwing the rag down I get up and walk over to the fight. "That's enough. Break it up." They don't listen and the moment I took Vince's arm the new guy punches me in the face.

Everyone grows quiet. Vince steps back. Hand in his hair. I feel the blood dripping from my nose. "Shit I'm sorry." Before he can get his apology out my fist connects with his face.

Before I can get a second hit I feel arms around my waist. Pulling me back. Dom. "That is quiet enough." He walks up to the guy and the start to have words.

Mia takes me to the back to stop my nose from bleeding. "Fuck girl. I don't know how you do it but I have respect for you." A small smile is visible on my face. Mia doesn't seem to happy about it.

I know she hates me fighting. But ever since Dad died it is the only way to get rid off my anger. "Thanks Mia." I stand up and look outside. The guy is speeding off.

"What the fuck were you thinking Ashley ?" That's Dom's voice. I roll my eyes and look him dead in the eye. "You weren't gonna do anything so I stepped in." He slams his fist onto the counter.

"In the process you got hit in the face. This is not your fight." I feel the anger boiling in my veins. Standing up I walk towards him. Everyone is deadly quiet. "I made it mine."

With that said I bump my shoulder against his and stalked off towards my Charger. Speeding off into the city.

 Speeding off into the city

Ashley's car

Tonight there would definitely be a street race but I'm not really in the mood. So I went to chill at my favorite bar. I make some extra cash by beating men in pool or darts.

It is definitely not ideal but I like it. It takes my mind of idiots like Dom. Thinking he can control my life. I wish dad were still here. He would've handled everything better.

Mia would be able to go to nursing school. I would've loved to join the military. Not like Dom would ever let me. I want an escape. A change to live a different life. One I get to choose for myself.

There is a couple of drunk guys at the pool table. Let the games begin. After about 4 games the guys lost all their money and I'm just pocketing it. The barman comes over and offers me another Corona.

Tells me it's on the house because I'm good for business. "Thanks Jerry." He nods and leaves me. My phone starts to ring. At first I ignore it. Probably Mia wanting to know where I am.

After about the fifth time I finally answer. "Is Dom with you?" Why would he be with me if I'm pissed at him. Sometimes my sister can be real fucking stupid. Turns out the bastard is missing.

At the race tonight cops showed up. Everyone scattered. Dom has been missing ever since. "I'm on my way, Mia." Paying for my beer I sprint towards my car.

If he got arrested. I'm not bailing his ass out.