House Party

Quick note about this one:
I think this is called a songshot (which is a oneshot with a song) not sure exactly how to explain it...
I've had this idea for a REALLY long time so I decided to make this the first oneshot of this book :3
Anyways, so Grian and Mumbo are already dating in this one, and Grian is sitting at his base feeling really lonely and wanting someone to come over, so he texts Mumbo to tell him to come hang out.
(The song I am using for this oneshot is House Party by Sam Hunt)

Grian sat on his couch feeling lonely. He pulled out his phone, thinking of texting someone to come hang out with him.

{Texting with <RenDog>}
"Ren, u busy?"
"Ya working late 2night. sry"

{Texting with *Scar*}
"Scar, what r u up to tonight?"
"I was working on mt baser today, really tired so im gonna got to bed urly"
(the spelling mistakes in Scar's message were on purpose lol)

'Hmmm...'

Why hadn't he thought of Mumbo before?

Grian opened the messages between him and Mumbo.

{Texting with Spoon<3}
"Mumbo"
"Mumboooooooo"
"Mumbyyyy"
"Spoon"
"Baby"
"Hey Gri <3 what's up?"

You're on the couch, blowing up my phone. You don't wanna go out, but you don't wanna be alone. It don't take but 2 to have a little soiree; if you're in the mood sit tight right where you are babe.

"Feeling kinda lonely, I just wanna stay home and hang out with someone"

"I'll be at your door in 10 minutes, whatever you've got on just stay in it"

You ain't gotta leave the house to have a good time, I'mma bring the good time home to you.

Mumbo showed up at Grian's base after less than 10 minutes. Grian had been wearing a pair of sweatpants and a more see-through white t-shirt. Mumbo was wearing a plain back shirt and grey jeans.

'God I'm so lucky!' Grian thought to himself.

We'll have a house party, we don't need nobody. Turn your tv off, break that boombox out.

Grian put on a playlist of songs on his phone, and the two started dancing together. Mumbo pulled Grian close and looked him in his eyes.

'His beautiful sparkling brown eyes...' Mumbo thought silently.

They turned the volume way up to drown out the rest of the world. It was only the two of them in the entire world.

We'll wake up all the neighbours till the whole block hates us, and the cops will show up and try to shut us down.

There was a knock on their door. Grian answered it, Mumbo right next to him hugging him closely.

It was Xisuma. "You two need to keep it down! Everyone can hear you!"

"Sorry, we'll try and be a bit more quiet." Grian smiled.

If you're gonna be a homebody, we're gonna throw a house party.
Throw a neon t-shirt over the lampshade, I'll take the furniture, slide it out of the way.

Grian pulled off his shirt and threw it over a lantern nearby, then he and Mumbo pushed aside the couch and continued dancing.

Shaking the floor, rattling the roof. We'll go to town like they're in your living room.

"We'll have a house party!"
"We don't need nobody, turn your tv off"
"Break that boom box out!"

They took turns singing the lyrics together, laughing and dancing as they did so.

Mumbo stayed the night with Grian. They fell asleep in each other's arms.

Well, this is the first one shot of this book! I hope it was good... if you have any one shot requests let me know and I'll try and write it :3