Part 1: Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

She turned to the dragon and spoke with a serious face which seemed hilarious to the dragon.

"If I could have one wish. I wish that you'll be able to fly freely again."

The dragon laughed.

"You should wish for yourself, little one." He said as he rested his head lightly upon the girl's shoulder.

The earth bathe in the light of the sun that shone in freedom as the eclipse came to an end.

"Like an eclipse this too shall pass..." He thought.

The dragon thought about how happy it made him to have met a human who truly cared for him in this world.
Not long ago, the world for him was colourless and bleak. The other dragons had left for the Other Realm yet he chose to stay and on that fateful day, the dragons returned all prepared to wage a war.

That day, when the last wick of hope for mankind had almost been severed.

_________________________________

"If that was what he wished for then we shall give the humans a chance..." The elder dragon said as they watched the remains of the serpentine dragon being carried away by the murderers.

The chaos dragon along with a swarm of dragons under him had gathered above the clouds all prepared to destroy the human race.

"Leave them be..." The dragon below pleaded as he took his last breath.

The humans had cut off pieces and collected his flesh before he'd even drawn his last breath. The dragons from above averted their eyes from the gory visage.

The rain poured that day cleansing the earth of the dragon's blood. Not even a piece of the dragon was left.

"It is due time to plunge the world into chaos for recreation. He's asking us to give them a chance. Why would he plead for us to leave them be?" One of the dragons asked.

The chaos dragon spoke.

"His soul was always searching for kindness. And he has found it at last. As he was drawing his last breath. I could hear it... the hope in his soul. I don't quite understand it but his spirit still lives."

"The curse for murdering a dragon shall befall upon the murderer and his offsprings for generations unending. The demon that served him shall be the demon he shall serve. Let those that invoke the demon be bound by the Leviathan contract. Our judgement is absolute." The elder roared.

All the dragons joined in his roar,

"The judgement of Dragons!"

The heavens thundered with roars of the many dragons that day, the day the dragons left the Earth, the day when the clouds hung heavy like a thousand mourning souls; a storm brewed and the Earth mourned for days.
_______________________________

Streaks of light pierced through the canopy of trees. Below, the glades rested. The meadows calm, like tresses of a lady only dancing as a soft wind pass by.

"Would you play with me in the meadows sometimes?" The little girl asked the dragon.

"I am accustomed to the dark. It's been a long time since I've seen the meadows during the day. I had only been outside during the night." The dragon replied.

"What does the forest look like during the night?" She asked.

The dragon thought of nights when moonlight coats the waters in silver and how the grasses danced to the song of the river in tranquil. His silver eyes distant as he replied.

"It is beautiful. The restless fireflies, the owl that never cease to tell her stories every night. The slowly growing mushrooms and the river faeries. They all have their little lives bustling during the night."

"I bet your silver eyes shine like the moon at night."

The dragon chuckled nodding his head that shook his giant mustache.

"They do... They do..."

"Do all dragons have silver eyes?" She asked.

"I am the only one... The silver shine is a birthmark for my reincarnation here. I died by brimstone, you see."

The little girl frowned realising she had touched another sensitive topic. The dragon saw this and blew a whiff of air from his nose in the little girl's ear startling her.

"What did I say... No frowning or I'll tickle you with my mustache." The dragon lifted his head, his long mustache wiggled in the air as if having a life of its own.

The little girl's laughter rung through the cave as she ran behind the dragon to escape his mustache's reach. She reached out and pulled herself up by the dragon's mane that ran along his back. The dragon was taken by surprise but he refrained himself from moving worried he might cause the little girl to fall or lest he squish her onto the cave's ceiling. He stretched his mustache as far as he could so he could grab hold of the little girl and bring her back to the ground but he couldn't. The little girl laughed at his attempt.

"If I fly on your back I can hold your mustache." She said.

"No you may not. You're too small to ride a dragon." The dragon asserted.

The little girl pouted.

"Then when I'm big enough I will."

"If you're big enough and still be kind I will give you a ride to the heavens." The dragon said.

The dragon's back was warm and the little girl tired and drowsy from the eclipse stretched her little arms and yawned.

"Are you tired?" The dragon asked as he turned to look back.

The little girl did not reply. She was sound asleep on the the dragon's back. The dragon smiled and bent his head. Closing his eyes, he fell asleep and dreamt of a world where he flew freely above the meadows with the little girl on his back. Gliding through clouds under a moonlit night.