Secrets 2

I was heading to Pop's for my regular dinner date with Toni and Cheryl. The leaves crunching under my feet, and the air filled with that crisp Autumn air, when I saw the familiar Raven Haired boy heading there as well.

We've crossed paths a few times, usually spoken during most of them. We never talk much, he's always heading off somewhere. I can see why sometimes, him and Betty always look busy in the office of the Blue and Gold. Which I had signed up for to get out of trouble with Betty, I keep wanted to withdrawal my application but, it may help to be apart of the school newspaper.

I walk up next to Jughead.

"Sup' Jug?" I say, giving him a slight nudge on the shoulder.

"Hey Y/N." He said, his tone of voice the same as always.

"Whatcha doin'?" I ask, my voice turning into what sounds like an 8 year old.

"Heading to Pop's, wasn't that obvious?" He replied in a more sarcastic tone.

"Yeah... I guess it was.." I say, becoming slightly more distant, walking farther from him and looking more towards the ground.

"Oh come on, I was just joking Y/N." He said, giving my arm a little nudge and continuing up the parking lot and up towards the entrance.

He opens the door and lets me inside. I walk in, greeted with the smell of freshly cooked food. The usual pies and cakes decorating the diner. Music playing throughout it. The chatter of families and friends, and the occasional vibration of a cell phone.

I scout it for Toni and Cheryl, as they're usually here first. It seems I've beat them this time. I head over and sit in a booth with Jughead till they arrive.

"Mind if I sit?" I ask, catching the attention of the boy.

"Not at all." He said, gesturing for me to take a seat.

I slip off my coat as I sit in the booth. We made some small talk, then Pop came over and took our order. I decided to order as it's been 10 minutes since Toni and Cheryl were supposed to be here.

I texted them, curious as to why they haven't arrived yet. I watched to make sure the text sent through and then set down my phone.

I glanced up at Jughead. He was distracted with his writing. His fingers typing away as usual as he writes his book. Some days I've sneakily read it over his shoulder. It's very good, the wording, everything.

I look up as the bell to the door rings, hoping for Cheryl and Toni, instead Veronica, Betty, and Archie walk in. They look around till they spot me and Jughead, Betty's expression changes quickly. They head towards us and I try to get away quickly.

"Uhhh.. I should probably g-"

"We haven't gotten our food yet.." Jughead says, cutting me off and looking confused, as I'm almost as big of a food fan as he is.

"Yeah, I just uhh.." I try to think of something but the group arrives before I can.

"Hey Juggie." Betty says, looking at him slightly confused as me and him are usually not sitting together.. ever..

"Hey guys." He says, his mind distracted from his book even more. "Sit down, me and Y/N just ordered."

I scoot over, knowing now there is no escape. Which isn't a bad thing, I guess I'll get to know them better. The mysterious four. Always at the right spot at the wrong time. Always deep in the mystery and the head of the investigation. Start of the drama, and base of the rebellions. They're always the ones to shut something down, or solve the next mystery.

So far, it's been all Griffins and Gargoyles.

The game everyone is obsessed with, the game that kills. The game run by a mysterious gargoyle king.

Jughead has mostly been focused on that, Betty's distracted with some Evelyn Evernever girl. Veronica and Archie are focusing on his arrest or something, honestly I don't even know.

We're just sitting in the booth while they have conversations about school and everything. Pop brings over our food.

"Welp, I should probably go wait for Toni and Cheryl." I say as Pop hands me my food.

"Oh come on, we just got our food." Jughead says, taking a bite of his food.

"But Toni and Cheryl are gonna arrive sometime soon, I don't want them to think I'm like ditching or something." I reply, trying to think of an excuse to get away.

I know learning what's happening with everything would be easier to figure out if I actually hung out with them, but I'm too socially awkward for this.

"Please Y/N, just till you finish your food?" He asks, looking me with a soft stare.

"I guess." I say, giving into his stare.

I see Betty glaring at me from the corner of my eye. I have no clue why he wants me to stay honestly.

The group continues with their normal conversations, I occasionally comment on some things and soon enough I've finished my food.

"Now I really have to go." I say, collecting all of my things in my hands.

"Oh.. already?" Jughead says, a quick expression of disappoint is displayed on his face before he quickly changes it back to his almost numb looking one. "Well, see you at school." He adds

"Bye. Bye guys." I say waving at the others as I walk towards the exit.

That was the longest meal of my life.

I don't know why he wanted me to stay as long as he did. Probably because he felt bad for me or something. I'm not trying to get peoples pity invitations to stay with them.

I walk straight out of Pop's, heading off towards my house in the complete dead of night.

Hey! Sorry I took sooo long to update, I will try to update sooner I promise!

Word count: 1004 words