You sat fiddling with your watch and bracelet, it's was a nervous habit. You weren't very nervous, but you definitely felt some anxiety.

You weren't aware you had spaced out until feeling a hand on your shoulder startled you. It was Katniss.

"Ready?" she asks, squeezing you shoulder lightly.

You give her a tight smile "Always."

Getting up, Katniss surprised you with a hug. She must be really anxious, you think to yourself.

Wrapping your arms around Katniss tightly, you try to reassure her as much as you can through the hug before you both separate from each other. You look over to Mrs. Everdeen seeing her holding her youngest daughter close to her. You knew that the chance of Prim getting picked was slim, seeing as her name will only be put in once.

That helped calmed your nerves a bit.

Looking at your watch once more you saw that it was 10:10 am. You guys needed to head out now.

------------------------+timeskip+---------------------

+Y/n p.o.v+

You stay behind Katniss and Prim as you all walked to get your fingers pricked. Prim suddenly stopped and you watched Katniss crouched in front of her no doubt trying to reassure her everything would be okay. It seemed to work because soon you were all in line.

You walked with Katniss over to the group of girls your age and watched Katniss try and find Prim in the crowd. You took Katniss's had and gave it a squeeze, she did the same before letting go. Your eyes wandered around scanning for Prim as well but you didn't see her so you began looking at the peacekeepers you could see and all the faces of those around you.

You were standing closer to the end of the line at the walkway, so you could see peoples expressions, some had of fear, some were blank, and some had already started crying.

You continue to look around until you locked gazes with Gale, he gave you a curt nod, and you gently elbowed Katniss to point her gaze to his direction. You saw as he mouthed "Are you okay," to her which made her nod and get a small smile on her face. You were glad Katniss had someone besides you to make sure she was alright. The two of them made you feel calmer.

That is until a brightly dressed woman walked on stage and tapped the microphone. The reaping was beginning. The smile on your face instantly vanished.

"Welcome! Welcome, Welcome. Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor. Now, before we begin, we have a very special film brought to you all the way from the Capitol." The woman dressed into much pink said. *video up above*

"This is how we safeguard our future," the video finishes.

When the video ended the woman on stage had a huge smile on her face "I just love that!"

"Now, the time has come for us to select one courageous young man and woman, for the honor of representing District 12 in the 74th annual Hunger Games. As usual ladies first." She continued before walking over to the big bowl holding the names for the girls.

You watched as she stuck her hand in, your heartbeat began to speed up. She pulled her hand out, holding the folded piece of paper, and walked back over to the microphone. She unfolded the paper and then your heart stopped.

"Primrose Everdeen", she spoke with a smile.

"No," you think to yourself in horror. You look over at Katniss and her face is frozen with pure fear and shock. A million ideas run through both your brains, one sticking out in each. You knew from the look in Katniss's eye, what she was gonna do.

Hunger Games: Peeta Mellark × Fem! ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara