1 | cut off/intro.

(bold usually means the author is talking!)
hi! my name is lucy and i'm a bad writer but hey! that doesn't stop me from trying! i'm she/her❤️)
—————————
y/ns pov
beep. beep. beep.
the morning light hits my eyes. i groan and turn to check the time. 7:03. 17 minutes to get ready. perfect. i then quickly hop out of bed and don't bother to make it. i grab my glasses and set them on my desk. i quickly put on some mascara and blush (skip this step if you don't wear makeup or if you don't have glasses) i shove my books and papers into my backpack and rush to find clothes.
7:19.
"Y/N GET DOWN HERE. AMYS HERE." mom screams. I sigh and toss my brush onto my bed. I scoop up my backpack and fumble to put my glasses on my face.
"Bye mom" i mumble and head out to see amy smiling at me.
"You're sitting with us today!" Amy shouts as I close the door and set my backpack in front of me.
"Since when do you get to make decisions for me?" I say sarcastically.
"Come on, you're sitting alone right now. And plus! I saved you a spot next to Ethan!" Amy exclaims as she hits the pedal.
flashback:
Two days ago. Lunch.
I scan the tables. Where is everyone? I land my eyes on the table. Mika, Evelyn, and Ana are sitting at the popular table. "He- hey- guys" i gulp.
"Y/n! I've heard sooo much about you!" Alexa says. Alexa sucks. I guess you could call my friends wannabes, but, i have no one else. Well. Except for Amy but i wouldn't dare sit with her table. Not with Ethan sitting there. I just smile and nod at Alexa, wondering how my stupid friends landed spots here. And how i was reserved one. They all start pointing and giggling. I turn to see who they're laughing at. Ethan. Mika dated Ethan for a month because of a dare then broke his heart. It was so terrible and I knew the whole time. And too see him get so happy then so depressed broke my heart.
"Didn't you date that loser?" Alexa questions.
"Yeah but only because of a dare! It was hilarious to think he actually thought I liked him!" mika laughs. alexa seems impressed.
"Okay then. Y/n-" I turn to Alexa.
"Isn't he such a loser? I mean he's a nerd sitting with those weirdos." I look at the table. Ethan joins the table and laughs about something. I can't hear what it is though. I see Amy and her boyfriend, Mark. And all their other friends. They are all genuine best friends. But i'm over here, stuck with these fake friends.
"Y/N! Hello?" Mika snaps in my face. I flinch and scramble to say something.
"No." Is all I can come up with.
"No?" Alexa looks disgusted at me.
"No. He's actually really nice." I say to them. At this point the entire table is staring at me like i'm some sort of zoo animal. My friends have been waiting so long for this opportunity to sit here with alexa. and i just screwed it up. mika glares at me as if you say 'what the fuck are you doing y/n?'
then mika looks like she's about to burst.
"y/n you're such a bitch. who the fuck do you think you are. you're a loser. i fucking saved you a spot for you to go and backstab us. we never even liked you. we just felt bad because you were new and you've just shown to be such a bitch to us. now go find somewhere else to sit and don't talk to us anymore." mika basically screams for the whole cafeteria to hear.
"you heard me right. get the fuck away from us." i scramble to grab my things leave without a goodbye. I look back as i run away to see an apologetic look from ana and evelyn. I feel everyone's stares as I run faster out of the cafeteria and dash for the bathroom.
end of flashback

"you're kidding. i'm not sitting next to ethan. i can't." i say as amy turns into the parking lot for starbucks. she knows my mom doesn't give a shit about me to make me breakfast so she picks me up early and we stop for coffee and breakfast. we both get out of the car and join back next to each other to walk in and continue the conversation.
"Yes you can! you're just nervous." amy holds open the door for me. I thank her then she catches back up with me.
"i guess i could. you didn't tell him, right?" i ask.
"that you have a massive crush on him? no i would never!"
"it's not massive." i say and stand in line. Amy follows
"you do though."
"okay maybe but- ugh fine i'll sit with you guys."
i order food and a drink and pay for it then wait for amy to order as well. amy comes and joins as we wait for our drinks and food.
"are you sure everyone is okay with me sitting there?" i ask as i pick up my food and drink. amy shakes her head and rolls her eyes.
"Y/n!" amy exclaims. i flinch a bit from ptsd of two days ago at lunch and from the usual of my mom screaming and yelling at me.
"oh, sorry" amy quiets down.
"they're been dying to formally meet you, that's why i didn't tell them! its a surprise!" amy beams.
"WHAT?"
—————————
thanks for reading! if you enjoyed pls vote and comment so i know ppl actually read this😅 and part two comes out soon. the parts will become longer as we go on.
posted - 7:28:20
word count - 973 words❤️