"I would be more than honoured" he replies

******

The past few days have been really busy. With work as well as preparing for the gala, it's been crazy! There were so many last minute things that we had to take care of, but finally everything was done. Well, the gala wasn't done yet since it's today!

As I was getting my hair and makeup done, I couldn't help but think of David who would be accompanying me to the gala tonight. The past week has been uplifting with him. We went out for lunch everyday during work and really got to know each other well. He was such a nice guy and felt like a close friend.

I look at myself in the mirror. Not gonna lie, I looked different, in a good way. I've never gotten my hair and makeup done before. My hair was curled and had volume to it. My makeup was a bit bold but not over the top, I had a nice smokey eye and red lip that complimented my emerald green dress that I had previously bought with Liam.

Liam... the past week has been a bit weird. I felt like he was distancing himself and was a lot more quiet than usual. I really hope the kiss didn't freak him out which is causing him to act differently. We weren't talking like how we used to, Liam was my closest friend and I don't know what was wrong with him right now. He gets really quiet and doesn't even make eye contact with me when I'm meeting up with David, which was weird.....

I put on my beautiful dress and grab my black open toe heels. I slide into them and look at myself in the mirror. I hear a knock on my door and tell whoever it was to come in.

"Alex are you ready- wow. You look... b-beautiful" Liam says with awe as he looks at me

He too looked good. He was wearing a black dress shirt with black pants. His sleeves were rolled up a bit and he looked so sexy. His hair was kind of messy and looked like he had runned his hand through it a couple times, but it looked like a good messy... I shake these thoughts out of my head.

I let out a little laugh, "Why thank you kind sir"

"Well, I just wanted to check to see if you were done since we need to go before we're late" he says

"Yup Im done. I just need help fully zipping up the dress. I couldn't reach the back" I say and turn my back towards him

He grabs the zipper and slowly starts to zip the dress up. The touch of his hand against my skin sends shivers up my spine. When he's done zipping up the dress, I let out  a breath I didn't know I was holding and turned to face him.

"Thank you" I breath out

He pushes a strand of hair behind my ear and looks at my lips. I avert my eyes away from his icy blue ones and down to his plump lips. Flashbacks of our kiss from last week start to roam around my head.

"You're welcome" he finally says

We break contact and make our way downstairs.

"Alex dear, you look magnificent!" Molly says to me

I saw her wearing a beautiful dark blue dress and she was all dolled up. I had invited all of Ace's employees as well out of respect.

"Molly oh look at you!" I say and give her a hug.

We make our way out of the house and into the cars. Molly rides in a different car and I go with Liam in the limo. I know, very extra but it wasn't my plan...

The car ride again was awkward silence. Liam didn't really talk much and I stopped trying to make convo.

We approach the banquet hall and notice the press and paparazzi all lined up taking pictures of all the people coming in.  I was a bit nervous for how everything was going to turn out tonight. All these people were very close to Ace, and I would be giving a speech tonight in memory of him. Since I was the closest person in his life, as his wife. When in reality, it was opposite.