Beginning

Ace's POV:

Ace's POV:

I was a new person.
Well...I looked like a new person.

Faking my death at first seemed like a great idea. I was able to change who I was, become a new person. It wasn't until I heard what Ashley had to say and how much my death had affected Alex. The whole time I've been away, I couldn't stop thinking of her. I knew that if I ever wanted to really be with her, I would have to become someone else. I couldn't continue being the arrogant 'Ace Anderson' who in her eyes was a spoiled son of a bitch. I take the blame for that, I was really cold towards her when she first came and was working for me.

I hated myself, I couldn't continue living like that. Which is why I took the opportunity to become someone else. To get back onto my feet and hopefully win Alex over now as a new person. Someone who she will truly love.

Was I out of my mind? Yes.

After my recovery, I flew back to New York and purchased a small apartment in the city. I have a private account that I kept for emergency's that no one except myself, knew about.

I was no longer Ace Anderson. He was dead, to me and to the world. Now, I was Liam. Liam Wilson.

The past couple of months since I've moved back to New York, I was impressed to hear in the media how Anderson Tech had grown and that Alex was now working there. I wasn't surprised. I knew she had it in her. She was a smart young woman.

However, I wasn't aware that she had been through so much pain after my death. I didn't realize it would affect her much since we had just met. Not to mention, I was leaving her my whole fortune after my death. Any girl would be Happy right?

Walking out of Ashley's office, I am taken aback to see Alexandra right in front of me

She looked beautiful. She is also caught a bit off-guard as we make eye contact for a brief moment. When she walks by me and into the doctor's room, I turn to look at Dr. Ashley before he closes the door. What the fuck was I doing with my life?

"Sir, would you like to book a follow-up appointment?" Janice the secretary asks me

"No I'm fine" I answer and take a seat near the window

I can't help but think about what I had done. I had thrown away my life and literally bought a new one. However, was it a good thing? Was this a good new start for me or was I only doing more damage?

I needed fresh air. I walk to the elevator and get in to go downstairs. As the doors are about to close, someone stops them.

I look up and see those beautiful light brown eyes staring into mine. Her long dark brown hair was curled and framed her face. She was beautiful. It felt unreal seeing Alexandra once again.

She lets out a soft "Hi" and walks in the elevator. The doors close and I can't help myself but continue to look at her.

She was wearing dark blue dress pants and a black blazer with heels. It looked like she had come from work. Not the hospital but MY work. Well, now it was HER company.