Carla carefully made her way down the wall and ran as fast as she could into the shadows. She headed towards the docks silently. I need to stow away on a boat...but which one? It has to go to Caracole, then I'll stow away again and head to Ishgar. Then, I can fly back home.

She stared at the docks. "Hm, lots of fishing boats."

"Sir, where should I put this crate?" Carla ducked into the shadows as she heard a voice.

"Put it on the Empire. That ship is heading to Caracole Island tomorrow to sell our fish." A gruff man said. "We'll make a fortune!"

"You did catch quite a bit."

"Yeah. Hurry up! It's late and I'm tired."

"Guess I know what ship I'll be on." Carla smirked to herself. She waited for the two to leave before scurrying onto the ship. "Damn! They locked the door." She took a  rock and broke the window. "Not my finest moment..." She sighed before finding a spot to hide. She decided the refrigerated section would be too cold and ended up hiding behind a bookshelf. It was a tight fit, but Carla managed. She got situated and took out the letter. She read through it and nodded approvingly. She secured it in her bag before falling asleep.

-A Few Days Later-

"We're almost there!" A loud voice woke Carla up. She remembered she was on the boat as it rocked slightly. 

She strained to look at the water. They were a couple miles from Caracole Island. Geez, how long did I sleep for? It must of been a couple of days! I do feel a lot better, though. She checked to make sure everything was still with her. Everything was. Her stomach grumbled, so she ate the protein bar Happy gave her.

Suddenly, a woman walked into the room. Carla held her breath and hid as best as she could. The woman was surveying the water with a frown.

"Men!" She shouted. "Faster! We're gonna be late." 

Is that the captain? Carla wondered. She gasped as the ship suddenly jerked forward, flying through the water. She held on for dear life as the ship zoomed towards the island. Within a few minutes, they were docked.

After everyone left, Carla cautiously made her way out. She transformed into her human form, figuring it looked more normal in the day. She walked around the town, looking for a boat heading to Ishgar.

"Hey!" Someone called to her.

Carla turned around. "Hi?" A girl with pink hair and a cloak beckoned her to follow her. "Do I know you?"

"Yeah." The girl ripped off her cloak as they entered a clothing store.

"Meredy!" Carla smiled brightly. "I didn't know you were on Caracole Island!"

"I live here." She explained. "Jellal asked me to help you back to Ishgar."

"Thank God! I had no idea what to do."

Meredy grinned. "I can close my shop for a few days and bring you back to Ishgar. One of my friends owns a boat. I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking us. As long as I pay him enough." She added.

"I really appreciate this." Carla said. "But you don't have to. I don't want you guys to have to get involved in the war."

"Well, all of us Ishgar guilds have to stick together right?" Meredy tightened her ponytail. "And anyways, I heard you have a very important letter for Makarov that needs to be delivered ASAP. So let's go." She told her employees to take over while she was gone, before linking arms with Carla. "Do you need anything before we go?"

The Gate of E.N.D.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें