Ch. 1

Ladybug and Cat Noir had ducked behind the edge of a building. Rena Rouge and Carapace were looking at them, waiting to hear the next move.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda miss Queen Bee." Cat Noir said. The others nodded their agreement.

"She can be a valuable ally. When she's not akumatized or being a total brat." Ladybug mumbled the last part to herself.

"What's the plan for taking down Hawk Moth?" Rena Rouge asked. Ladybug closed her eyes, trying to assess the situation.

Hawk Moth had turned into Scarlet Moth again, but instead of akumatizing everyone he akumatized only a few, key villains. Oni-Chan, Dark Owl, Revealer, Silencer, and Miraculer were below them, wreaking havoc on the city.

Ladybug shook her head. "I don't really have any ideas on what to do."

Cat Noir smiled reassuringly. "You'll figure it out. You always do."

"Rena Rouge and I are prepared for anything. We have been working on our skills." Carapace added as he pointed between them.

"Wait, do you two know each other's identities!?" Cat Noir sounded shocked. He turned to Ladybug. "You let them know?!"

"Now is not the time, Cat Noir. We need to focus on Hawk Moth."

"We're talking about this later." Cat Noir glared at her before turning to the scene below.

With a sigh of resignation, Ladybug realized there was only one option. "I think we might need to run straight into battle, but watch out for Silencer, Revealer, and Miraculer. We'll be useless if they hit us."

"Come out come out wherever you are, Ladybug and Cat Noir! Stop hiding!" Hawk Moth growled from his place on the Eiffel Tower.

"We're right here!" Ladybug shouted as she jumped out of their hiding spot. The other heroes joined her a second later, and Hawk Moth laughed.

"Splendid. I see you're missing Queen Bee though."

"It's for her own good." Ladybug shouted at him. Suddenly Cat Noir jumped in front of her, his staff twirling rapidly. One of Revealer's beams vanished.

"Thanks, Kitty."

"Anytime, Milady." He ran off to join the fight, and Ladybug followed a beat behind him.

*******************************

Ladybug huffed and turned around. Carapace and Rena Rouge were beside her while Cat Noir was off fetching Queen Bee.

"Is that all you got heroes? Pretty soon I'll be playing hero nonstop, once we finish you of course." Miraculer singsonged.

"Which won't take that long. This is gonna be easy." Revealer finished. The four heroes hadn't made much progress in their fight; Scarlet Moth stood triumphantly on the Eiffel Tower. You won't be there for much longer, Scarlet Moth! Ladybug seethed. Mayura stood perched next to him, her fan held out elegantly in front of her.

The villains and heroes then ran to meet each other head on. As they collided, the battle began. Miraculer targeted Carapace, intent on getting his power. He dodged out of the way, managing to land a few hits on the villain without getting zapped. Revealer joined the fight, and Carapace struggled to fend off the both of them without being touched. As they fought, Rena Rouge battled Dark Owl and Silencer. She jumped over Silencer's drop kick, using the momentum to backflip over Dark Owl. He shot her with his grappling hook as she sailed overhead. He swung it forward, bringing Rena Rouge crashing down next to Silencer. Silencer took the moment, moving his fingers to Rena Rouge's lips; she tried to jump up, but Dark Owl pinned her down. Silencer tried again, but Rena Rouge moved her head away, so Dark Owl held her still. She bit Silencer's fingers as he tried again, and she smiled triumphantly as he scowled at her. Dark Owl clamped her mouth shut so that Silencer could finally press his fingers to her lips. The second before his fingers touched them, Ladybug's yoyo flew into Silencer's helmet. It broke with a loud crack. She swung her yoyo and captured the akuma and set it free as Luka hurried away from the battle.