Chapter 45

After our wedding, Botticelli and I decided to stay in his family home in the city. We live together with his brother Giovanni's family. It was a very lovely home, especially when it was always filled with the sweet playful laughter of their children.

It sometimes made me miss my son but little Domenico, the youngest son of Giovanni has taken a liking to me. I would sometimes take him with me on my daily strolls or whenever I visit my Aunt Simona.

Even after everything that has happened between me and the Medicis, it did not hinder anything towards Botticelli's employment from them. He is still my favourite artist. Though I could not be there, Botticelli would give me news if my son would be around, and ever since he was taken away, he never saw a young child around the palazzo.

Lorenzo would not even talk about anything regarding my son. Even then, I knew that he survives. I know in my heart that he still lives on.

Now that I'm a lot closer to Botticelli, I was able to witness the creation that he would be famous for. When Semiramide found a match with the other branch of the Medici family, Lorenzo commissioned a painting as a gift for her future lovely wife. It was the Primavera or the Allegory of Spring. It was a big panel painting that will soon become the representation of Renaissance art.

Lorenzo commissioned a painting as a gift for his cousin Lorenzo di' Pierfrancesco de' Medici. It was the Primavera or the Allegory of Spring. It was a big panel painting that will soon become the representation of Renaissance art.

"I've never seen it like this before," I said, as I marvel over the half-finished painting.

Botticelli climbs down from a ladder to kiss me as I give him his food. "Simona has done it again with her matchmaking. Whatever do you mean by it, wife?" He smiles as he sits down on the chair to start eating.

I walk closer to the painting and realized what he is working on. "This painting. I have seen it before but in its complete state. It's amazing looking at it in its current state." I said, in awe of his yet-to-be-completed work. After a few moments of taking in every detail he has managed, I then began to notice something familiar. "The three graces look familiar," I said with a smile as I stare into it.

"Yes, as you should." He said as he grins before taking a bite of his meal.

"Carnivale," I said, remembering the moment we shared during those times. Botticelli depicted me and Semiramide as the 3 graces. The times when we dance around the streets and are carefree. I never thought he'd remembered.

I heard footsteps coming closer, and then he wraps his arm around me and kisses my head before speaking. "You were so happy then, I will never forget the smile on your face or your graceful dances to the music of that day."

I wish I could tell him more about what this painting will be. It will be his legacy. However, I'm still bounded by my promise to him. Perhaps when we grew older, I can tell him about how amazing he would become in the following century.

The thought of spending the rest of my life with him, us growing old together sparks so much happiness inside my chest. Although, a memory pops up inside me that makes me wonder if I can rewrite history this time. The last moments of Botticelli's life.

I spend my days taking care of Giovanni and Filippa's children. I love kids, and spending more time taking care of them has somehow filled the void in my heart.

"Zia, is it true that you were a dancer when you were young?" Beatrice said as I braid her hair.

"Who told you that?" I ask as the other children started pooling around me.

"Zio Sandro." She said, her brown eyes are big and curious.

I could not help but smile at her. "Perhaps in a way, you could say that. I was very young and passionate about dancing then."