𝐗» 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝑰𝒄𝒆, 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝑶𝒇 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔

Start from the beginning

Lexa nods back again, glancing at me then at my lips then back at the floor with her calm expression somehow intact, as if she didn't nearly kiss her childhood best friend.

She doesn't care... She doesn't want me. She just wants the distraction I can provide.

With one finally look I turn and walk out of the tent, gulping in the fresh air once outside as if I had been underwater for years.

It felt like it.

I sigh and nod to the guards standing by the tent before making my way over to Ravens, I know she wouldn't have been able to sleep properly without knowing where I was.

I pause halfway there though, knowing her she's probably in my tent. It's what she did when I was away. Always sneaking into my tent when she missed me, was worried about me or something was bothering her. She also comes in when I'm asleep so she's not alone, some night we just simply need to be held.

I nod to my guards at the tent, Miller and another girl. I dismiss them as I walk though the flap and they nod and leave, Miller squeezing my shoulder gently before retreating.

I walk in and see Raven asleep on my bed, above the furs with her clothes and shoes still on, hugging the blankets.

I smile warmly at my friend and undress quietly to jot wake her, changing into my casual attire, a black singlet with jeans. I leave my boots and weapon off since I'm only here and there's weapons stowed everywhere in the tent incase of a suprise attack.

I brush out my knotty white hair, the red dye having washed out just after arriving to TonDC.

Looking back at Raven I quietly approach her, untying her boots and slipping them off. She squirms but eventually settled back down after I pull off her leg brace.

I go over to the other side of the bed and pull back the covers, going over to Raven and picking her up softly, walking her to the other side and tucking her in.

"Clarkey...?" I heard her groggy voice call in a croaky whisper as she peers up at me with barely open eyes.

I bend down and brush her hair behind her ear, "I'm here, it's ok. I'm safe. Go back to sleep. The sun isn't up yet." I run my fingers through her hair as she gives a barely nod and falls back to sleep.

I look around the tent, suddenly missing the presence of my friends and family, sure I had Raven, Monty, Murphy, Lexa and a few of the others with me but that didn't stop the need to see my sister, Charlotte.

I wondered how she was going about 'Trial by fire', she had only seen the challenge once when she was young and she took it hard.

I understand how Bellamy feels with being away from his sister all the time. Remembering a conversation I had with him the night he left to go to infiltrate the mountain.

I had been lazing around my tent for the good of an hour with nothing to do, all of the war meetings for today had ended and just as I was about to leave and try and find something to do  a voice calls out from the flap of my tent, I call for them to enter as I close the sleeping quarters of my tent and watch as Bellamy wondered in.

"Hey Bell." I greet him, accepting the hug. We hadn't gotten to see each other much because I'm so busy planning the war and he's trying to reconnect with his sister.

"Hey, I wanted to come say bye before I left with Lincoln." He greets.

"So your not gonna try and murder your sisters lover?" I raise a brow at him as I pour us each a cup of water and we sit down at the table.