𝐗» 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝑰𝒄𝒆, 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝑶𝒇 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔

We had gotten back to TonDC fairly quickly the next morning, before the sun bad even risen. The whole time Lexa held my hand with a vice grip, as if letting go she would be letting go of everything she had. As if letting go, she would be letting go of me forever.

When we came into view to the gates of TonDC we rely reluctantly let go of each other and walked into the sleeping village.

"Heda! Wanheda!" Anya and Gustus instantly came to our sides, "We've been looking everywhere for the both of you. We found Nero and Quint's bodies in the woods, we assumed you were all mould by the Pauna." Anya comments as she follows on my left a few steps behind, Gustus mimicking the position on Lexa's side.

"We almost were if it weren't for Wanheda. I owe her my life Anya." Lexa says casually, her stoic facade having fallen into place. My own mask had come down and my expression blank, causing the guards on night watch to retreat away from me. As if they were afraid death were stalking them in the shadows.

"Are you both alright? Are you injured? Do you need Nyko?" Gustus questions, stopping when Lexa cuts him off with a wave.

"No need, Wanheda ready mended my injuries. Now, both of you leave us. We're not to be disturbed unless it's urgent." Lexa commands. Instantly the two obey her orders and retreat as Lexa leads me into her tent.

As soon as the tent flaps closed she sighed heavily and removed her armer, she got stuck when she got to removing her upper armer because of her shoulder.

"Here," I walk over to her, "Let me help." She puts her hands down and let's me unbuckle her armer and slide it off of her gently, staring intently at my face the whole time, making me blush profusely.

"There." I mumble softly once it was off, placing it on the table before looking back to Lexa. My breath hitches once I notice how close our faces are, our noses almost brushing.

This position bought me back to the memory of last week, how we stood right where we are now and kissed.

I could feel the hot air of her breathing on my lips as we stare into each other's eyes. Butterflies were erupting in my stomach as my breath deepens, my body tingling.

Her eyes skipped down to my lips before darting to my eyes, I forget how to breathe when she rests her hand on my waist, her eyes trained on my lips.

We both leant forward slowly, our eyes closing in anticipation as our breaths mix, my body tingling all over as a burning sensation rushes through my very bones.

"We simply hot caught up in the moment Klark, we were both craving for human connection with someone we trust and we were the only ones there at the time. Its just a kiss, and it will never happen again"

I jolt away just before our lips touch, pulling out of her embrace just as I see a flash of disappointment across her face before she covers it up with a calm expression making me think I imagined it.

"I-uh...We-... We've been here before Leksa, and we both agreed it was a mistake and wouldn't happen again. We can't do this, not again...." I insist, remembering how she reacted the last time.

She didn't actually want me, not in the way I wanted her. She just wanted a distraction.

But how do I want her?

Lexa nods calmly, deathly silent. She keeps her eyes trained to the floor as the air around us seems to thicken and it's as if the walls are closing in. All of a sudden all I wanted was out of here and away from this akward situation.

"I-im," I clear my throat, pulling myself to my full size as I put my mask into place, "I'm going to go and check on how my people are going. Just send for me is I'm needed."