I was so shocked that I barely knew what to say or even think, feeling a heavy sense of hopelessness as a dreadful pit opened at the bottom of my stomach.

Fire and ice, once again-

"And Daios knows about it," Taeyong said, shaking me out of my thoughts and bringing me back to the world of candles, maps, and wooden soldiers splayed across the table.

"He has known about it all along, and he plans to use it in order to achieve- No, fulfill his plan to-"

"Wait a minute," Mingi said, interrupting the blond man at the end of the table.

"Does that mean the world is going to end?"

"Well, technically speaking, yes," Seokjin said, nodding his head as if this was nothing, as if it meant nothing.

Both mine and Jongho's jaws went slack in surprise again.

We looked at each other with confusion and fear, horrified by how easily the generals and former captain were handling the situation.

I raised a hand, wanting to say something when Yunho broke in.

"We're overlooking something, though," he said.

"Desire and hate are opposites, and so are fire and ice, but those emotions can be applied to both elements. Besides, they're on the same sides in this war, right?"

He turned to me, "There's no reason for you to fight each other, so the prophecy may not be an issue."

"What makes you think that it's about me-?" I began, only to be cut off as Jimin hesitantly spoke up.

"Actually, it is, y/n," he said, looking a little guilty.

"What Taeyong recited isn't the whole prophecy.." he trailed off.

"Wait- what? But that's bad enough as it is already!" Yeosang exclaimed, looking extremely stressed out as his eyes turned strikingly green.

Taeyong took a deep breath before continuing, shattering my hopes even more.

My heart shattered as the next words slipped past his lips.

"But will the world prevail,

Despite the desire of fire

Or the cold price of ice

I have lived long enough to know

That life will eventually lose its glow

So bear no hope

For the dice of fate has been cast

The sentence of the world already passed;

If not to desire or hate

The end will come by someone else's fate" Taeyong said

"To storm or fire the world must fall," Honghoong continued, taking over from the man in black as his voice rang out through the silent tent.