Chapter 7. Fairy Cottage

Hook and I re-joined the other three after a few moments since we'd been slacking behind. They were just standing still and talking near a berry bush. Hook and I had purposely fallen back to get some privacy, but it seemed the guys had waited for us to catch up. Jay and Gil were talking about possible adventures they could go on while eating some berries. Harry walked over and took a berry himself. 

"You guys are killing me," He muttered. He looked over at Carlos and said, "PS, your mutt went this way." He walked off after waiting for me to join his side and grabbing my hand. We caught up to Dude, who was sniffing around. He turned to us when he heard us coming.

"Dude, anything?"

Dude took a few more steps before recoiling, "Whoo, something stinks. And it wasn't me this time."

The moment after Dude had said that, a loud roar was heard, and a creature jumped out from behind the tree. It turned to us and roared. Harry put a protective arm in front of me and I would've hit him for it if I hadn't been preoccupied with the fact that I recognized the clothes the creature was wearing. They were Ben's clothes. I looked up at its face and my eyes widened.

"Ben?" 

"That's your King?" Harry asked.

"He must be spelled," I realized. I looked next to me to Jay and Carlos, sharing a look and coming to the same conclusion, "Audrey."

Ben lunged forward and nearly scratched Carlos. He rebounded off of the tree, this time heading for Harry. Jay pushed him out of the way, making Ben turn on him, but Harry had recovered and kicked Ben away from us. He attacked again and we all avoided his claws once more.

"You need some serious nought adjustments," Harry said.

"Ben, calm down, you loon."

Ben roared in response.

"Yeah, great idea, Hadee. Go and antagonize the beast, will you," Jay snapped. I swatted him away.

"Shut up." I turned to Ben again. "Ben, I'm serious. Look at me. It's me. Hadee. You know, the girl who constantly teases you and annoys the hell out of you? I'm gonna be offended if you don't recognize me and I swear I'm holding it against you," I said, approaching Ben, who seemed to be listening to what I said as he watched me. Whether or not he actually understood a word I said, I didn't know.

I was getting closer and closer to him and almost thought he'd let me calm him down. Then he roared and swung at me again, scratching my arm and sending me to the ground harshly.

"Hadee!" Both Hook and Jay knelt beside me.

"Hey, guys look! He's got a booboo," Gil said.

"Yeah, well, so do I," I spat, sitting up.

Hook hissed, "It doesn't look good."

"Your good with animals, do something." Jay shot at Carlos before turning back to me, "Come on. Let's get you up." Jay and Hook supported me and helped me to my feet and over to a log for me to sit on while Carlos went over to Ben to try and help him.

"You know, my father said that his father did not handle pain well at all."

Hook tore off a piece of his shirt and wrapped it around the bleeding scratches on my arm. He wound it tightly to keep pressure on it. He cleaned the blood around it as well. I was watching him the whole time.

"Oh, how the roles have turned, huh?" I quipped, thinking back to when I was addressing the scratches he'd gotten from a beast, aka Cerberus, and he'd been the one watching me.

"Glad to return the favour, darling." He looked down at me and smirked. Lord, he looked sexy. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down, pushing my lips against his. Once I let go, Hook was smirking even more.