Like Old Times

The next day, the group arrived at the secret bunker somewhere in between Ba Sing Se and the Northern Air Temple. It was almost four in the afternoon.
     Tenzin landed Oogi, and helped everyone else get down. Firelord Izumi was already waiting for them at the entrance.
     "Welcome. You're a little late, we arrived an hour earlier. But then again, it must've been hard for your bison. Flying all day and night." Izumi said.
     "Oh, don't worry. Oogi will get plenty of rest." Tenzin assured.
     "Well then, we should continue this inside. Come this way." Izumi told them. She led the way inside the bunker. The door was hidden under the earth. It was a thick metal door with three large deadbolts. "The door is platinum, which makes it difficult, if not impossible, for metal benders to get in."
     Once everyone was inside, Izumi led them through a few hallways. The inside looked like an actual home. Just without any windows. Izumi stopped in front of a door.
     "This is one of the two living rooms. Lord Zuko is already inside. Toph and Katara should join him now." Izumi said. "There are a few guards, maids, and butlers in the bunker. They will show you to your rooms when you're ready. Your things have already been brought there from the sky bison. If you should need anything, ask them. But I figured the three of you would have some topics to discuss first."
     Izumi opened the door and ushered Toph and Katara inside. As she said, Zuko was already there, sitting on the couch, listening to music on the radio.
     "We will be in another room to discuss the battle strategy and other important matters. We will leave the three of you for now. Make yourselves at home." Izumi then went out and closed the door behind her, leaving the three old friends alone.
     "Well, isn't this nice?" Toph said, sitting down. Katara didn't know where she was being sarcastic or not.
     "Hello there." Zuko said, standing up, and walked towards Katara to give her a hug. Then he went on to Toph, and placed a hand on her shoulder.
     "Look at us. Three old people, being kept hostage by our own children." Katara joked, taking a seat herself across Toph.
     One of the maids walked in, and served tea. She set the tea on the coffee table where the three old masters were seated around.
     "Who would have thought the three of us would be together once again?" Toph said. "The last of the original Team Avatar."
     "Yes, it does seem a little surreal, doesn't it?" Katara said, taking a cup of tea in her hands.
     "When was the last time all of us were together?" Zuko asked.
     "Hmm, probably Izumi's coronation?" Katara suggested.
     "How about Tenzin's wedding day?" Toph offered.
     Zuko chuckled. "It's been too long."
     "Here's a tricky one. When was the last time Team Avatar was complete?" Toph asked.
     "Maybe that party Sokka threw when he got a statue made for him in Republic City?" Zuko said.
     The three friends laughed. Even Toph was happy.
     Katara couldn't help but remember that party. "Remember Sokka had an ice sculpture of his boomerang made?"
     "Of course. The cake was in boomerang shape." Zuko added.
     "The party favours were cheap little boomerangs." Toph scoffed. "That man and his boomerang."
     "The party was outside so the moon would be seen perfectly, but it began to rain, and everyone started to go home." Katara said. "He was so sad, he sat on the floor and started to eat the boomerang cookies."
     Toph laughed out loud. "Oh, he needed a lot of handholding that night. You waterbended us a dome to stop us from getting wet, and Aang got the water out from our clothes."
     "We all sat together, and tried to make him feel better. My brother was crazy at times, but he had a soft heart." Katara said, missing her brother very much.
     "We had good laughs that night. Was that really the last time we were all together?" Zuko said. "Remember the days I followed you around and almost killed you?"
     "You had a ridiculous haircut back then." Katara teased.
     They laughed, and there was a moment of silence after. Katara took a sip of tea, wondering what she should talk about next.
     Jinora came in and asked what they were doing. She said she wanted to check on them. Toph just then stood up.
     Toph and yelled for a butler. "Show me to my room. I'd like to be alone now." She turned to Jinora. "What are you doing here?"
     "I wanted to help. Dad got mad, and told me to wait here with you until their meeting is done." Jinora answered.
     "Alright then." Toph said, turning away. She stalked off, following the butler to her room.
     "Is Ikki and Meelo with you, Jinora?" Katara asked.
     "No, Gran-Gran. I came with Opal. She'll be here in a moment." Jinora said.
     Jinora sat down with them with an excited look on her face.
     "So..." said Jinora. "Gran-gran, Lord Zuko, may I ask you some questions?"
     "Of course," said Zuko.
     And just then, Jinora blurt out a bunch of questions.
     "Where did you first go after the war?"
     "We went to a place in Ba Sing Se, we played games, Sokka painted a picture, Katara kissed Aang." Zuko answered.
     "Who's idea was it to go watch a play about yourselves at risk of being caught by the Fire Nation?"
     "Sokka's. He thought it would be a great way to relax." Katara said.
     "How long were you on Ember Island?"
     "Oh, uhm, I'm not sure. About a month?" Katara answered again.
     "That's when Zuko took you to see the fireflies, right?"
     Katara and Zuko were both surprised to hear that question. They weren't expecting it.
     "How did you know about that?" Zuko asked.
"Aunt Kya might have mentioned it earlier." Jinora said.
     Another young girl came through the doorway.
"You must be Opal." Katara said. Zuko and Jinora turned towards the door.
"Hi." Opal said, taking a seat beside Jinora.