Chapter 5

"Bale maayang nine ako dadating sa inyo. Hihintayin ko pa kasing umuwi sina mama. Don't worry. Nagpaalam na ako." Stella said over the phone.

" Yeah. We'll wait for you. Bye." Zach said.

" Bye. See you later." Stella replied then she ended the call.

It's already eight in the evening and they are about to close the shop.

"Zach, una na kami ni Warren. Kukunin pa kasi namin gamit namin. Kit nalang tayo weird sa inyo." Drey said as he went out of the locker room.

" Okay. Alice and I will close the shop."

" By the way. Pasok nalang ako sa inyo ah?"

" Wait. How will you enter our house? It's locked."

"May duplicate akong susi." He showed it to him."Dumaan kasi kaninang umaga si Tita Kelly sa bahay para ibigay 'to. Nakasakay siya sa itim na kotse tapos may kasama siyang lalaking balbas-sarado. Kadate niya?" Kwento ni Drey na ipinagtaka ni Zach.

Wala siyang maalalang kakilala ng mama niya na balbas-sarado ang mukha. The only explanation is that he must be another businessman which his mom usually deals with.

"I don't know. Just feed Sylvester when you get there first." He reminded.

Umalis na si Drey at Warren leaving him and Alice.

"Are you done cleaning the machine?" He asked Alice who just came out of the lockers room. Both of them were already in their civilian clothes, ready to leave the shop.

"Oo. Kanina pa." She shortly replied. "Isara na natin yung shop." Tumango nalang si Zach saka nila sinimulang isara ang mga ilaw at bintana.

As Zach closed the curtains near the sofa, West entered his mind. He doesn't know why but he's expecting him to come and have a cup of coffee. He kept looking outside every window before he closed them.

"Sabay na tayong lumabas, Zach." Alice said. Humarap sa kanya si Zach at tumango.

'Maybe he's not coming.' he thought to himself.

They went out and locked the door of the shop. Parehong direksyon ang lalakarin nila pauwi, pero dalawang blocks lang ay liliko na si Alice.

"Bukas na pala ang balik ni Miss D." Alice said.

" Yeah. I hope she had a good stay in Baguio City." Zach replied.

Divina went to Baguio to visit her family and to order newly harvested coffee beans for her shop.

"Sige, una na ako." Alice said as she was about to turn left towards her house. Zach just nodded and gestured bye. He watched Alice walk away for a bit then he finally crossed the street and walked straight.

He noticed that he was the only person walking down that street. May dumadaan namang kotse at iba pang sasakyan kaso iilan lang. Masyadong tahimik ang El Riego tuwing gabi, di katulad ng ibang syudad.

Huling block na na dadaanan niya bago siya makarating sa kanila. It was quite a dark street dahil sira ang iilang street lights dito. But he was never afraid of the dark so he just decided to walk pass it like he usually does.

And there it goes again... That feeling. The feeling like he's being followed. He's been experiencing the same thing for nearly a week,  Zach read about an article saying that if you feel like someone is staring at you, there is a higher chance that they really are. So he must not be mistaking.

He looked around but there's no one there. Binilisan niya ang lakad niya. And there he heard footsteps behind him.

Now he was sure that someone was really following him. He trusts his instincts... next to his memory. So he stopped and asked.