Chapter 6

Flashback

"I-I think we got away." West was already shaky and blood was spilling out of his left shoulder. He leaned down on Zach who was almost unconscious and also wounded.

Nasa isang lumang kubo sila sa gitna ng gubat at parehong malala ang tama. An hour ago, they were just happily eating dinner, but now, both of them are being tugged by life and death.

Zach looked at West with his soulful eyes. His face was filled with unexplained emotions. He knew he was never afraid of death but looking at West, he suddenly felt the opposite.

"DITO SILA NAGPUNTA! BILISAN NYO! TEAM B SA KALIWA..."

They both could hear shouts and heavy footsteps from where they were hiding.

At that moment, Zach was too weak to move. He already thought this might be the end for them.

"West..." Mahina nitong sabi. West leaned closer so that he could hear Zach clearly. "I'm sorry."

West was confused why Zach suddenly apologized to him.

"What for?" He replied.

"I shouldn't have let you save me."

West thought that Zach was being ridiculous.

"Saving you was my choice, you moron. Now, shut up and let's keep moving." He attempted to stand up but his knees were too weak already.

"Sorry... I can't..." Dahan-dahang humihina and boses ni Zach at nawawalan na din ito nga lakas.

"ZACH! Please! Were almost there!"

"You should go. You can still run."

"NO! Ughh---" West was shot again which made him fell to the ground. Zach couldn't react anymore.

Right now all he could think of is his regret of not telling West how he really felt. As he stared at his fading image, he thought to himself.

'If we both make it, I'll tell you exactly what you should know.'

"TARGET FOUND! Let's take them home, boys! Siguradong matutuwa nito si Boss pag nalaman niyang pareho silang buhay."

-----

"... And then nung sinubukan ko yung swim suit na gagamitin ko sa pageant, dalawang contestant yung nagquit daw! On the spot!" Stella laughed as she tells the guys about her encounter during the attire fitting for the pageant.

Kasalukuyan silang kumakain sa dining room. Si Warren ang katabi ni Zach, while si Stella naman at si Drey ang magkatabi.

The guys laughed at her story not because it was funny, but rather amusing to watch how confident Stella is with this competition.

Wala silang duda na iuuwi nito ang korona dahil sa ganda at talino nito. Come to think of it, Stella is probably the most stylistic, beautiful and charismatic student in ERU.

With her sophisticated sense of fashion, the three guys can't really think of anyone whom they would consider as a "competition".

"Oh talaga? Eh pa'no naman sa talent portion?" Warren asked.

"Ano pa nga ba, Warren? Edi kakanta na naman." Drey replied.

"Speaking of talent. Zach, can I ask a favor?" Stella blinked her eyes repeatedly as if she was trying to charm Zach.

"What is it?"

"Can you accompany me onstage? I'm planning to sing 'Stuck With U' and... Well, need ko ng kakanta sa male part."