Chapter 6

I woke up overheating. I sat up. I was on the porch swing. I looked at the huge truck parked close to the porch. I saw black in me. I looked down and saw I was wearing a nice leather jacket. It was large on me. Ron's jacket. I was covered in a blanket. I smiled and sighed.

Last night ran through my head. I groaned as I remembered I blubbered my life out to him. But, he told me.... Iron Hide. I sat up and eyed the truck. I wonder how big he was. I'll find out later.

I sat up and stretched. "Morning, Iron Hide." I patted the hood and walked into the house, blanket on my arm. I smelt breakfast.

"Morning Lo-" Sarah stopped as she saw the jacket. A smile appeared on her lips. "Morning Lou." I smiled and set the blanket on the couch.

"If you're wondering, I went out and burned everything that reminded me of Kyle. Ron decided to join me. Nothing happened. He was just being a gentleman." I said, playing with the zipper. She nodded.

"How does it feel?" I smiled at her. "Awesome." She smiled. "Good. I'm glad." I stopped when I saw the ring. "One last thing I need to get rid of." I grabbed the ring and yanked it off. I set it on a high counter, away from where Anna could reach it.

I went up to my room and changed. I hung Ron's jacket on the rocking chair and fixed my hair. I walked back out and walked down the steps.

I saw Will sitting at the table. I hugged him and he jumped. "It's not your fault, Willie. Don't blame yourself." I said, kissing his cheek.

I plopped down in a seat and served myself some breakfast as Ron came in. He sat down on the opposite side of me at the table.

I finished and leaned back and grabbed the ring and sat back near the table. I studied the ring. It was a fake. Stupid cheapo.

"What are you going to do with it? Sell it?" I looked at Will. I shook my head. I got up and grabbed a hammer out of the drawer. I walked out to front steps.

"You won't be able to break Diamonds there, Lou." I gave him a deadpan look. I set the ring down and swung the hammer. The ring shattered.

"It was a fake." I said, standing. "What happened to moms ring?" I looked at him. "Probably in his safe. I need to get over there." I groaned.

"No you're not." I blinked at Will and Ron. "We'll go there tonight." I blinked again. "But-" Will raised a hand. "No. You are going to stay here." I huffed. "Fine. But under one condition." They eyed me.

"Make that place burn." I growled. Ron smirked. "Chloe-" "It will be done." Ron cut Will off. I smiled. "Thanks Ron. Oh, the safe is behind the huge picture of Kyle and I in his study. The combo is 10-18-01." They nodded.

"We'll see about burning it down. We have to check it out first." I nodded. "Do what you need to do. Just make it light up." I said, walking past them and inside the house, leaving Will scratching his head.

*************************

At around 5, I got tired of sitting in the house. I hefted myself off the couch. "I'm going to the range." I yelled to Sarah as I walked out.

I went to the garage and strapped on a couple pistols. I grabbed the bow and arrows as well. I'm surprised that he still had them. I strapped them to me and grabbed magazines and put them in my pockets. I grabbed two extra pistols and held them in my hands as I walked out.

I turned and saw a Silver Concept Stingray Corvette. I eyed it. I felt that creepy feeling of being watched. It was like Iron Hide.

"Pfft. To whimpy." I scoffed, teasing it as I walked past it. I heard a growl and I scoffed. I kept walking towards the range.