Seven

2015! Sorry this is really fucking late I'm gonna go sit in a corner now.
------------
-2 months later-

Gabriel continued on with his life, he went back to school and everything else. His mom had told him to finish the last bit of the year and at least try to make it into college. He had also started working at Balthazar's bar (restaurant). It wasn't so bad, he was certainly able to pay for a whole crapload of things he couldn't before.

He would buy Sam a lollipop every other day from the candy store up the road from his house. He bought some candy for himself too, but he would end up going to the hospital on a Friday to drop off the lollipop and put it in the drawer of the table beside the hospital bed. He waited. He waited for the day that the hospital would call their house, or Dean and tell them that Sam is awake and living his life once again. Gabriel kept on holding himself together, but it felt as if he couldn't do it for much longer without his moose.

Gabriel walked through the crowded halls of high school, his face was emotionless. Just like any other day of school he looked like this. Ever since Sam, his behavior changed completely. He was like a zombie wherever he went. The occasional joke and smile appeared, but it was uncommon.

He passed by his friends and whatever, he didn't care at this point, he just needed to get through the day. He dumped his stuff in his locker, taking a glance at the locker beside him, it was covered in 'get well soon's from his friends. Gabriel looked away and trudged off to his first class. Once again there was no Sam to sit with. Another 6 or 7 hours of this, being empty. He frowned and went to work.

Gabriel returned home, Cas said hello and looked at him as he flopped onto the couch.

"Gabriel," Cas started. Gabriel grunted in response as he turned on the tv. "stop moping. I've never seen you crack a full smile in 2 months." he told his younger brother. Clearly Gabriel didn't listen to a thing Cas had said- he was covering his ears behind the couch. He could hear the faint bass of Castiel's voice, the words muffled. There was a phone call. Gabriel's head flew up, excepting it to be Sam.

Castiel's eyes widened as he listened to the voice. "Dean, are.. Are you serious?! Th- yeah- I can put him on the phone." Cas walked over to his little brother and passed him the phone. Gabriel's heart almost leaped out of his chest, waiting for the news.

"Deano! Hey- what's up?" Gabriel said in an almost shaking voice. It cracked a little from not using it in forever.

"Sammy is up." Dean told him. Gabriel felt like it was a joke. But Dean would never joke about that. Gabriel could feel his heart stop from that single sentence.

"Wh- huh- reaLLY?!!!?!" Gabriel screeched through the phone, probably causing Dean to move his ear away from the animalistic noises he had made.
"Sorry um.. I gotta go- bye." and with that, he hung up on Dean, threw the phone into the couch, and ran upstairs sonic fast. Castiel barely had any time to comprehend what had just happened. He shook his head and went to make some coffee.

Gabriel threw on whatever clean clothes he had, which was; purple skinny jeans, a pink and black t-shirt, green sweater, rainbow socks, and his black vans. At this point, he really didn't give a damn what he wore- Sammy was back, that's all that mattered.

------

Gabriel knew exactly where to go like it was the back of his hand, and he dashed as fast as he could to the room.

Sam was sitting up. He looked worn out, but again, who cared? He wasn't a vegetable anymore.

Gabriel literally flew into the seat next to him, a huge smile ear-to-ear on his face. Sam turned his head, a bright smile lighting up his face.

"Sammy!" Gabriel squeaked. If Dean were to see this- they would need a bucket or two. "How've you been?!" he asked.

Sam furrowed his brow "Fine I guess. I'm still sleepy or something." he slurred a little with his speech. "How long was I out for?"
Gabriel tensed up a little.

"God, I dont know... 2 months? I think it was that long."

"W-wait... 2 months...? I was in a coma for that long?" Sam looked at Gabriel with worried brown eyes.

"Yeah... I thought the same thing." Gabriel replied. He gave a warm smile to Sam. "At least you're alive! That is always a good thing."

"How's Dean and Cas?" Sam quickly changed the subject. Gabriel kept smiling at Sam.

"Great, they have a pretty stable relationship." he told Sam. He nodded and hummed softly.

"That's good.." Sam looked over to the table beside him, filled with candy and some flowers that were about a week old. "Geez... it looks like someone died in here." he gave a chuckle and picked up a chocolate bar.

"I got all of that for you... I was... really fucking worried Sam." Gabriel looked away in embarrassment.

"Oh.. thanks.. you didn't have to wor-"

"Sam, you could have never woken up, do you know how that would make me feel? Of course I was worried you shit!" Gabriel huffed. Sam looked at his hands.

"I'm sorry." he said. Gabriel felt like a dick. He shouldn't have said it like that, but Sam really did have him worried.

The doctor walked in.
"Sam Winchester?" he said, his glasses sliding down his nose.

"Yes doc?"

"You can go home now."

------
a/n
---
holy shIT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE 29263729 YEARS.
sorry I got busy... With fandoms... And school too. God I hate making you wait
so yeh.

almost 1k reads too horey shet. Thank you