zorbyn ~ words i didn't say

for jayda, -JACHARYISMOOD happy birthday bb🥺💘

warnings: kinda sad but what else is new? it gets better at the end though😚

zach sighed and rubbed his hands over his face, pacing around his room as his two best friends watched him from his bed.

"zach will you chill? he's going to text you back," daniel rolled his eyes from his place in his boyfriend's lap.

"you don't know that! god, i think i really fucked up this time," zach groaned, giving up on pacing and flopping down beside the happy couple.

"come on zach, this is corbyn we're talking about. you know he loves you. i don't think there's anything you could possibly do that would make him leave," jonah tried to reassure him.

zach gave him a side eye and rolled his eyes, pulling one of his pillows over his face and groaning into it. "jonah, i forgot about our make-up date and let him sit out there for two hours."

"well, you said you were busy because something came up," daniel pointed out, confused by the situation.

"if something coming up is going to get high with jack, then yeah i was super busy," zach sighed.

"zachary?" a voice called up the stairs, "corbyn is here to see you!"

daniel and jonah shared a look, before getting up and patting their friend's shoulder. they greeted the blond boy in the doorway before making their way downstairs and out of zach's house.

zach lifted the pillow off of his face and sat up, giving the other boy all of his attention. "hi, corbs."

the blond glared at him, visibly annoyed. "don't 'hi, corbs' me. you're such an asshole," he whined.

zach deflated slightly, as the conversation weighed down on him. "i know i messed up baby, i really was looking forward to it," he sighed.

"you've messed up so many times zach, and forgetting about your promises makes me believe what everyone tells me. that you don't care about me at all," corbyn shuffled a little closer to his...whatever zach was to him. he didn't even know at this point.

zach grabbed his hand, interlacing their fingers. "of course i care about you love, it's just..." he sighed, running his free hand through his messy hair, "i've never had a boyfriend before, i don't know what i'm doing and i'm going to mess up many more times."

corbyn sighed and nodded, pulling his hand away from zach's. "alright, i'm giving you one last chance. if you mess this up again, it's over. got it?"

zach nodded, standing up to embrace the thin boy. "thank you, thank you, thank you."

once corbyn left, zach got ready for bed and stretched out for the night. his mind clouded with negativity as he thought about corbyn's words.

you got this zach...just don't mess up again.

zach took a deep breath, getting out of his convertible and sauntering up to corbyn's front door, knocking five times.

the door swung open to reveal a tall blond, smiling brightly at him. "zach! you came," he lunged forward to hug the boy.

zach smiled and rested his hands on corbyn's waist. "of course i came, i wouldn't miss it for the world." he took the boy's hand and led him to the car, opening the door to allow him to get in first.

"thank you," corbyn smiled at he eyed the vehicle, getting in. zach remembered how he loved convertibles.

zach got in the drivers seat, pulling out of corbyn's driveway and driving down the empty country road.

"where are we going, zachy?" he questioned as zach turned down an unfamiliar road.

"we're going to the drive-in," zach smirked, "there's a new horror movie out."

"zach," corbyn glared, "you know horror movies scare me."

"well it's better for me, you're cute when you're scared, plus i get to have you cuddling me. it's a win-win," the brunet squeezed his thigh.

corbyn's pout slowly turned into a smile, and he blushed profusely at the thought of zach holding him.

the car finally pulled into the theatre, and corbyn helped zach put the backseat down, and they set up blankets to stay warm.

when they were done, they flopped down on the pillows. corbyn played with zach's rings as they waited for the sun to set and the movie to start.

"corbyn, i know this day is supposed to be about starting over, but i have to apologize for my attitude. i never wanted to hurt you, i'm just not used to having someone else to care for. i hope you can see how hard i'm trying and forgive me," zach ran his fingers through corbyn's hair as he spoke sincerely.

"zach, i don't know if you noticed but i kinda like you too much to stay mad at you," corbyn giggled, tilting his head up.

"you are an angel, aren't you?"

corbyn blushed at the movie began, smiling at the thought of the boy holding him trying trying to make things right.

once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAYDA! i hope you liked your oneshot🥺💘

word count: 840