jorbyn ~ sad beautiful tragic

warnings: angst, death, and a little bit of fluff but not much tbh

✩彡

corbyn stood beside the abandoned train tracks. the ones right next to the beach.

jonah's favourite beach.

corbyn could've broken down at the mere thought of him. the two boys had met at a coffee shop — jonah's favourite one — and felt an instant connection.

the three months they had spent together had been a whirlwind of emotions for both of the boys, for they had fallen madly in love.

however, time changes people, and it would show. now, as corbyn stood by the tracks, he felt the note jonah had written him, buried deep in his jean pocket.

dear bean,

i can't do this anymore.

the truth is, i fell in love with you. i fell hard, corbyn. and that terrified me.

i'm only 20 years old. according to society, i'm supposed to be out partying every night and living my life. and that's what i want to do.-

corbyn could see the "i think" that the elder boy had erased, the words still shining (in corbyn's eyes) in the moonlight.

-according to society, i shouldn't be home with you, cuddling you and helping you fall asleep every night.

honestly, according to society, i shouldn't be gay, and i shouldn't have a boyfriend. at age 20, i'm supposed to be hanging out with girls, getting drunk and making stupid mistakes.

i'm not supposed to be calming you down when you don't want me to leave.

your clinginess has an affect on me, and not a good one either.

so, i've decided to finally free myself.

i'm sorry if i break your heart in the process, but at this time in my life i should only be worrying about myself.

i hope you know what you mean to me, and that i really did love you. you were one of the best things that has ever happened to me, and i will never forget you.

i wish you the best in life, and i hope good things come your way,

but i can't do this anymore.

no longer yours,

jonah marais x

when corbyn found the letter sitting on his bedside table after he woke up, he completely had a breakdown. his biggest fear was once again coming true.

someone he loved had left him.

having separation anxiety was not something corbyn could control. he longed for jonah's touch all the time, and although he would have liked to let him go out by himself, he couldn't physically bring himself to.

in fact, the day corbyn wanted to tell jonah about his "problem" was the day that jonah got up and walked away from him.