Chapter Forty-One

I woke up to lips pressing into the back of my shoulder

I opened my eyes, having to blink a few times to adjust them to the light. Arms pulled me backwards, causing my back to press against a chest.

"Morning."

I smiled at JJ's raspy morning voice.

"Morning."

He placed another kiss on my jaw before sweeping my hair away from my neck and peppering kisses up and down it, his lips lingering just below my ear.

I rolled onto my back, and he stayed on his side, looking down at me with a small smile on his face.

"How are you feeling?"

I smiled up at him.

"Okay."

"Sore?"

"Oh yeah."

He chuckled and kissed my forehead before getting out of bed.

"Let's have a shower and then I'll make you breakfast."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Nothing has to happen," he said with a smirk. "Unless you want it to."

I playfully rolled my eyes before crawling out of bed and following him into the bathroom.

He started the shower and, while the water heated up, he walked up to me, grabbed the hem of his shirt I was wearing, and slowly lifted it up. I raised my arms to make it easier for him to pull it off, and he smiled down at me as he threw the shirt to the floor. I didn't miss how his eyes flicked down to my bare chest. I blushed and stepped around him, shimmying out of my underwear before stepping into the shower.

I sighed and closed my eyes as the warm water washed over me. The warmth felt wonderful on my sore muscles. I reopened my eyes when I didn't feel the water any more and looked over my shoulder too see JJ blocking the water from behind me.

His hands landed on my waist as I turned around to face him. He closed the distance between us, which wasn't very hard to do in the tiny shower, and leaned down to attach our lips.

The kiss didn't last long, but it was sweet and passionate. We shuffled to allow the water to spray over the both of us, and he grabbed my shampoo. He dumped way too much into his hand and started rubbing it into my hair. I leaned my forehead against his chest and closed my eyes as he started messaging it in, letting out a hum of approval.

We shuffled again to rinse the shampoo out, and he ran his fingers through my hair to help get the soap out, looking a little wide eyed when he noticed a few strands stuck to his fingers.

I laughed before picking up his shampoo and pouring some into my hands. He rested his forehead against my shoulder, his hands finding a place on my hips, and I began running the shampoo into his hair. I used my fingertips to massage it into his scalp, whispering an apology when my nails scraped against the skin. He sighed into my shoulder as I began twirling the soapy hairs into small spikes, causing myself to laugh.

JJ kissed my collar bone before straightening up and rinsing his hair, running his fingers through it to comb through the spikes I had created.

He repeated the process with my conditioner and refused to let me condition his hair.

"But, it'll make it so soft!"

He shook his head and grabbed my body wash, pouring some onto a wash cloth.

He started with my shoulders and began scrubbing down my back, pressing my chest into his. I raised an eyebrow as he began washing my ass, sudsing it up a little more than needed. He didn't bother hiding his smirk as the wash cloth suddenly "slipped" and his hands we rubbing circles into my ass.

"JJ," I warned, and he playfully rolled his eyes at me before motioning for me to turn around.

He once again started at my shoulders and worked his way down, this time pressing my back against his chest. I couldn't help but arch into him as he abandoned the wash cloth again when he got to my chest.

After making sure my breasts were extremely clean, he moved down, washing my sides and stomach. I froze when reached my hip and moved to wash the other side. The wash cloth reached the tops of my thighs before JJ stopped.

"I'll let you get the rest."

I grabbed the wash cloth from him, rinsing it as I rinsed myself, and poured his body wash onto it. I told him to turn, and he did. I started on the backs of his shoulders and moved down his back. I felt myself blush as I returned the favor and moved the wash cloth over his ass.

"I can feel that you're blushing."

I resisted the urge to towel whip him with the wash cloth.

"Just turn around."

He laughed and did as he was told, poking my red cheeks.

I once again started at his shoulder and worked my way down, making him laugh as I purposefully spent more time on his pecs with my tongue sticking out of my mouth like a dog. I placed a kiss against his sternum before washing down his stomach, hesitating slightly when I got to his hips.

JJ's hands gently took my wrists, causing me to meet his eyes.

"I'll finish."

I nodded and handed him the wash cloth. I grabbed my face wash and began scrubbing at my face while he finished washing his body.

I rinsed my face, jumping slightly when JJ's hands landed on my waist.

"You finish up," he whispered into my ear and kissed the side of my head.

I nodded, and he slipped out of the shower. I quickly finished my shower, washing the rest of my body and doing a quick shave before getting out and drying myself off.

I wrapped myself in a towel before walking out of the bathroom, my eyes widening when I see Pope and Kiara walking into the house.

"Jo!"

"Uh, hey Kie."

"Get dressed and then come out and help us."

I nodded at Pope as he and Kiara walked back outside. JJ poked his head from the corner.

"I made some eggs if you want any."

I smiled and looked past him, making sure Pope and Kiara weren't watching. I walked up to him and stood on my toes, kissing him sweetly.

"Thanks, J," I whispered, lowering myself back on my heels and walking backwards to my bedroom.

"Of course, sweetheart."

I grinned at him before stepping into my room and getting dressed.