Chapter Twenty-Four

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this."

After I found out what Pope and JJ were up to the other day, Kiara randomly showed up and dragged the three of us to Figure Eight to go watch a movie outside.

"Keep calm, carry on, back to OBX life."

"I'm glad one of us can keep calm."

JJ shot me a glare, and I returned it.

"Aren't you guys glad I made you come?"

I put on a fake smile.

"Of course, Kie."

"Ecstatic," Pope said, voice full of sarcasm.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest."

I rolled my eyes.

Before Kie showed up, JJ and I were screaming at each other about this whole boat situation. I ended up storming into his room, slamming the door shut, and crying on his bed. Good to know that he was being comfy on his couch.

"We're out of the green zone, man," I heard Pope whisper as we set up our chairs, and I set up mine next to Pope and rolled my eyes as JJ set up his next to mine.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?"

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia. This is the last place I wanted to be."

"Shut up, Pope."

"Well, maybe we all wouldn't be so paranoid if someone had just listened to me when I said I didn't want to make this whole thing worse."

JJ rolled his eyes as Kiara announced she was going to go get us some drinks.

I huffed as I sat down in my chair, purposely leaning away from JJ as Kiara came back and handed us all Pepsis.

"I just saw Rafe," She said, and my eyes widened. "And he said, 'tell your boy that we know what he did.' What is that?"

"Um," JJ started, trying to think of something to say. "Where is he?"

"Right there."

I couldn't help but turn my head at the same time as the boys as Kiara pointed out where he was.

Topper caught my gaze and raised his plastic cup with a smirk on his face.

"Great, the whole death squad."

"Guys, don't stare."

JJ put his hand on my head and turned it back forward and leaned over me to talk to Pope as Kiara kept looking behind us.

"Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now. If that doesn't work, I got this right here."