Chapter Thirty-Three

After agreeing to coming back at night to search the well, we all head to the Chateau

After agreeing to coming back at night to search the well, we all head to the Chateau. John B left to go to Tannyhill, and I had a feeling that he was going to get Sarah.

JJ and I sat in the recliner, him in the actual seat and me on the arm, Pope sat in the wicker chair, and Kiara was pacing back and forth across the floor.

I heard John B and Sarah's voices from outside the porch and nudged JJ with my elbow.

"This is gonna be good."

It was dead silent as the two join us on the porch, and Kiara is glaring daggers at the blonde girl as her and John B sit on the couch. She exploded when John B said something about Sarah coming with us to check the well.

"No effing way! You brought her here?So what? She's in on this now?"

There's an awkward pause, and John B looked to me. I put my hands up and shook my head.

"You're on your own dude."

"Look," JJ said, leaning forward in the chair. "All I care about is her cut comes out of your share."

I nodded in agreement, and the blond put a hand on my back.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say," Pope jumped in. "I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this."

"Thank you!"

"When are you not uncomfortable?"

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's back pretty comfortable."

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

I tried to hide the laugh by placing a hand over my mouth and shaking my head. JJ started tracing random shapes into the skin, having lifted the hem of my shirt up slightly.

"That's cute, guys."

"You know, we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her."

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah spoke up for the first time, and I had to applaud her for not taking Kiara's shit.

She can get pretty scary when she's mad.

"Then leave!"

"I told you."

"Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch."

I just became very uncomfortable.

"Oh, shit."

"My money's on Kie."

I ignored the rest of the girls' banter as I watched Pope and JJ exchange money and felt a headache building behind my eyes.