02

don't call me angel - ariana grande, miley cyrus, lana del ray

-

Ashton watched from her spot in the woods as a group of five took off towards Mount Weather, or at least she assumed that was where they were headed. Truly, she couldn't care less. The group consisted of Octavia, Spacewalker, the kid with the goggles, his best friend, and Princess. Other than Octavia and maybe the two friends, it was not a group she wanted to join. Instead, she headed back to where they had begun to set up a camp.

"Sweetheart, there you are!" She heard Murphy call out to her. He had been calling her sweetheart for as long as she could remember, since he knew it drove her crazy. It's the same reason she called him John.

"Sorry, went for a walk," she explained. He just nodded, understanding that she needed her alone time every now and then. She loved how much he respected her. Ashton knew Murphy for who he really was, a genuinely caring person. Everything he did was to protect himself or Ashton. Some may call that selfish, but she found it honorable.

He explained the confrontation he had with Wells while she was on her walk, showing her where he carved his message.

"You spelled 'die' wrong, idiot," Ashton pointed out.

"I know," Murphy mumbled. "Not the point, sweetheart."

He continued to tell her about what Bellamy had told him, about how the members of the Ark were never going to give them a fair chance, about how they'd always be criminals to them. Ashton agreed with Bellamy. The Ark had cast them out and sent them to die. They clearly didn't care about the 100. Ashton tuned back in as Murphy started waving his hand in her face.

"And then I took off my wristband because Bellamy said that I-"

"Jesus John, are you going to do everything Bellamy says?" Ashton had always known Murphy to be strong in his decisions, so she didn't know why he was suddenly fawning over him. Bellamy is hot, but he isn't that hot.

"No, I did it for us!" Murphy countered. "Bellamy said that Mbege and I could help him 'run things' if we took off our wristbands. I figured it was a win-win. I stop helping out the Ark, and I get some say in what happens around here. I can make sure that things go our way."

Ashton was starting to understand why Murphy was so excited about the events that happened while she was gone. 

I wonder if I'll get some say in running things if I take my wristband off too.

So, she went to go find Bellamy.

-

It wasn't long before she found him leaning against a tree.

"Hey, Blake," she shouted, getting his attention.

"Yeah, Ashton?" He responded, using the name that she had never told him.

"Ah, so you asked around?" she teased. He smirked at her words.

"I have my sources," was his response. She smiled back at him. There was a pause before he spoke again. "Do you need something, or did you just want to come talk to me?"

Ashton scoffed at his cockiness.

"Don't flatter yourself, Blake. You're the one who asked around about me," she reminded him. "I'm here because I have a proposal for you."

"Wow, we just met and you're already proposing? I'm flattered, really, but-"

"Oh save it." She quickly shut down his banter. "I want on your team."

"My team?" he asked. "Sorry, hun, but I'm not sure what you mean." Ashton rolled her eyes at the nickname, but continued on.

"I mean I want to help run shit," she deadpanned, tired of him dancing around the subject. "I don't want Wells and Princess ordering us all around with their privileged attitudes. I want some skin in the game."