Pre-Story

This is about the events that lead up to the story—some background context. The real story will be in the next chapter!

Peter POV

I love the feeling of swinging through the city. It's like being weightless for a brief moment before falling back to earth. Almost nothing can beat this feeling. Ned went to bed an hour ago (after being my guy in the chair), and I'm just finishing up for the night before-

Well... No, I can't say 'before I go home' anymore. Five months ago, my Aunt May lost the fight with cancer. Before she died, she found out I was Spiderman. I guess I couldn't hide it from her. She was proud of me and told me she will always be looking out for me, and in return, she wanted me to continue to look out for the city. I'm Spiderman for both Aunt May and Uncle Ben now.

I was crawling through the window of the burned-down school building to change and go to bed. Oh, that's another thing. Technically, Peter Parker is dead. I faked my death by fire at school. I was in the chemical storage room when it started. I chose that spot because of certain chemicals that would burn over 1000 degrees so I wouldn't leave a body. (The FBI probably thinks I'm trying to get rid of a body now lol). Then as Spiderman I made sure no one was hurt in the fire. 

You might be thinking, 'why'? Why would I need to fake my death? It's hard to explain, so I won't. But anyway, Ned still visits every day after school and is still my 'guy in the chair,' MJ too. She punched me when she found out, though. I can't say I didn't deserve it.

Most students say that the school wing has my ghost in it, but most teachers don't believe them. The teachers believe that it is the students being a------s. But I don't mind since I don't want people here. There's a greater chance that I'll get caught. So I've been 'haunting' the school and scaring away people. I've gotten pretty good at making traps for unwanted guests.