One

01 : Persuading her

Annika ran her hands through her hair. It was sweaty, her body was on fire, the electricity had to go out at such a wrong time, while she was cooking. The worst timing. But then, if she stopped cooking right now, the family might have to starve and Gauri, her sister in law was four months pregnant. Annika had herself refused her from doing any work. 

Whilst her husband, Shivaay Singh Oberoi, who would be busy going through his documents, heads inside his laptop. She swore that one day she would act innocent and wash his laptop like Gopi did. Wiping away the sweat beads off her forehead, she fanned herself by waving her hand up and down near her face. 

"Need any help?" It was her husband's voice but she rolled her eyes. Pushing him slightly away from her sticky body, for two reasons, first being she smelled like sweat and second, he showed up after half an hour when he had said he would come in five minutes. 

"Go away. Why are you here? Mujhse kyu shadhi ki? Laptop se kar lete" Annika taunted, banging the spatula loudly on the utensil. Shivaay was certainly scared of her this face, angry and frustrated, wanting to eat a man raw. 

"I'm sorry honey, there was some really important work" Annika had noticed how slowly he was again inching closer to her. Did this man ever get a hint of what she was trying to say to him? Well, considering the fact that two days ago, she had tried to seduce her, he had literally acted innocent. 

It had irked Annika, she wanted to kick some senses into the small brain of his. Shivaay pouted, he did not want to make her feel this way, ever. It was unintentional. So he had now wanted to persuade his wife.  

"You can make me do anything, literally. I am yours for today and tomorrow" Shivaay announced, yet again his attempt to move closer to her failed when she has pushed him by her elbow. 

"What is this? I am trying to make up for all this and you keep pushing me away, that's not done" Annika had the urge to pick up the laal mirchi powder and sprinkle some on him but now, he was her husband and she couldn't just do that, because he was adorable. 

"If you really want me to not be sad, help me, come on" Annika pointed at the big utensil in which she was cooking bhindi ki Sabzi. Shivaay nodded his head, in seconds, he took hold of the sieve and pushed her aside. 

"Well, well, well, now, I am happy" Annika chuckled, gazing up at her husband in adoration. He could literally do anything for her. A husband like him was a must, he was a perfect gentleman and also a great well wisher, all that a wife would want. And Annika felt like she was on cloud nine. 

When Pinky had entered the kitchen, she had found that it wasn't Annuka who was cooking but it was her son who was also humming while spinning the sieve. And there sat Annika on a stool, gazing up at her husband, a smile playing on her lips. 

"Wow, a sight to not be missed. Shivaay is cooking after so many days, Thankyou Annika for making this happen" Pinky exclaimed. It had been indeed a lot of days since Shivaay had cooked anything, his work wasn't letting him to. 

Annika watched as he also moved his body while he hummed a song, it was a nice sight, him showing off his skills. She no longer felt hot, thanks to Shivaay who was now profusely sweating like a snowman kept under the sun. Annika had taken her phone in her hand, the video recording was on and so was Shivaay's dancing.  

"Tell me Mrs Oberoi, how do you feel now? Much better?"

"Yes, Thankyou Shivaay. But you know what would make me feel better? You, with me, on the bed" Annika wore a smirk on her face to see Shivaay flustered, his cheeks reddening like tomato. Gosh, he was so very adorable and all Annika wanted to do was gobble him. 

━━━━