Chapter One

"Mariana, I have to ask you something" I said changing into my dance practice clothes. "What's up?" She asked. "You know you're my best friend and I love you. We've been friends for a good 8 months and I've never been over to your house or met any of your family. I only met Lena obviously cause she's our vice principle, but you know you what I'm getting at" I said. "It's nothing against you Cartia and you know you're my best friend and I love you too but do you remember everything I told you about Jesus, Lexi, Emma but she wasn't really a friend and Hayley right" Mariana asked. I laughed "Of course I remember that crazy story". She threw her shoes into her bag and rested her hands on her knees. "I just don't want that happening again". I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "I thought you knew better than that" I said as I walked out into the gym.
//Mariana's Pov//
I feel like a total jerk. I automatically assumed Cartia would go after my brother, but I realized she was better than my other friends that's Jesus has gotten with and she wouldn't do that to me. I ran out the locker room to find Cartia before practice starts. "Cartia!" I yelled trying to get her attention. I walked over to her and hugged her. "I'm sorry about all that, how about you come spend the night tonight and you can meet my family" I said. "Gosh you make it sound like I'm your boyfriend or something" Cartia laughed. I lightly pushed her arm and laughed. "Alright time to start practice" we heard a voice yell.
// after practice, back to Cartia's pov //
"Moms Im home, I brought Cartia with me" Mariana yelled as we walked through the door. "Hey sweetie we are in the kitchen" Stef yelled. Me and Mariana went into the kitchen. "Guys this is Cartia" Mariana said grabbing a slice of pizza for the both of us. "Hi" I said with a smile. "Well hi Cartia, I'm Stef this is my wife Lena as yah may know. And this is Brandon, Jude, Callie and last but not least Jesus. "H-h-hi, here let me help you this pizza box is extremely stubborn" he laughed. He seemed nervous which was a sign. Mariana quickly turned around and laughed. "I think she can handle a pizza box Jesus, right Cartia?". I hesitated to give her an answer I didn't want to seem rude. "Uh yeah it's okay though Jesus thank you though" I said taking a piece of pizza and sitting down with Mariana.
This was going to be a long night.