Changed For Better

Chapter Eight: Changed For Better

(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)

Gilbert's Pov.

I looked towards the sea as we sailed away from the island. We had stored all the money deep in the cargo bay, and now, everyone was crying. Everyone.

Don't look back Gilbert, how hard can it be?

I couldn't look back, or else I would turn us around for the cargo. It hurt to name the two lovely ladies that. I wouldn't admit it, but I was crying silently on the inside.

"Gilbert, what are we going to do now?" I hear Antonio ask, and I keep looking forward. Not wanting him to see my single tear running down my cheek.

"To live new a life, get married, do what we will." I said, keeping my voice steady.

"But, there are no other girls out there like Laura and Molly!" Antonio cried, and I stiffened up a little.

"There are plenty of other girls out there." I state, temper edging my voice.

"But, are there any like Molly?" Francis yells, his voice ragged from what I assume, his crying.

"There are ..."

"No there isn't!" Antonio growled, and stomped off.

"We should turn back, you are the worst captain ever." Francis snarled, and I heard his steps slowly fade. I look back at my crew, and I see Ivan and Pamela sitting in silence. Pamela was trying not to cry, and Ivan was comforting her silently.

Ludwig was sitting against the mast, he was drinking heavily by the number of empty beer bottles around her. Feliciano was also drinking, still sobbing quietly. Lovino was staring knives at me, and when I looked at him, he slid his finger across his throat.

I moved on to see Arthur reading, tears staining his skin. Francis was being comforted by Antonio, who were now refusing to look at me. And then Mathias, he was staring intently at the drawing Molly had made of him and Laura. He was still crying, the worst of anyone else. I felt my heart break, I had made a horrible mistake. It was clear now.

"MEN! HOIST ZHE SAILS! We return for Laura and Molly right NOW!" I scream, and the men cheered back. They looked hopeful, happy even, but Mathias was frozen to his spot. After a minute he stuck the paper into his pocket before he began to help the crew.

Molly's Pov.

Many of the girls here were depressed or drinking away their lives. The state Laura was in, I never saw her like this. It was supposed to be the other way around, she was usually so strong and looking forward. But, she only looked down and kept shaking uncontrollably.

"It'll be okay Laura, I swear." I whisper, and Laura just nods. I could just see right through Laura, sadness was eating away at her soul.

"You two, up for bidding." The man from earlier said, and I helped Laura up as we walked over to the auction stand. Laura was up first, she was standing there with a frightened expression. She had never looked so frail.

"Alright, the bidding will start at 5 euros." The man said, and then the doors flew open as a familiar man entered the room.

"I bid at 500 euros!" Gilbert said, and silence filled the room.

"Sold! To the albino! Now, this pretty girl." The man dragged me on stage, and I looked at Gilbert with tears. "Bidding starts at -"

"I bid 1,000 euros!" Gilbert yelled, and silence filled the room again.

"Sold! To the albino, again." The man sighed, and I ran over to Gilbert. I embraced him in a tight hug, burying my face into his neck.

"P-Please d-d-don't leave me again!" I cry, and Gilbert hugs me back.

"I von't. Come on." He whispered, throwing the bag of money at the man. We walked outside, I saw Mathias running up the pathway, and Laura ran to meet him halfway. No words were spoken between them as they hugged, it look so full of love and emotions.

On the ship everyone was celebrating, dancing, music, you name it!

I sat next to Gilbert on one of the barrels as I watched Mathias and Laura dance. Holding his hand tightly, Gilbert pulled me onto his lap. "Ich liebe dich." He whispered in my ear, and I smiled.

"I love you too." I say softly, and Gilbert kisses the top of my head.

"I think we have changed for zhe better, vhat do you think Molly?" Gilbert asked, and I got off his lap and pulled him up to stand.

"Yeah we have, now come on. Let's have a dance." I smile, and he pecks my lips before we go to celebrate.

The whole crew started new lives, and we lived in the same town. Mathias and Laura ended up having two children, and Pamela and Ivan got married with one child. While me and Gilbert, we had four.

                                       Yes, life was perfect.

                                                                              The End

(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)=(*)

How did you guys enjoy the whole story? I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did! I'll start a new fanfiction right away because it seems logical. I want to keep my steady flow of ideas out there, I'll make sure to update this when I put the book out there.

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!