All Hands On Deck!

Chapter Four: All Hands On Deck!

I'll just post this chapter now, almost finished with the second one. I'll post it in two days at the most. Merry Christmas!

=(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)==(*)=

Molly's Pov.

My eyes shot open at the sound of lightning, and I sat up looking around wildly. I could hear Gilbert groan and he pulled the blanket over his head. I held my face in my hands, trying not to curse out loud about how much of an idiot I was.

Glancing at Gilbert, he pulled his blanket to his nose and his shining ruby orbs were slits staring at me. He blinked after a moment before closing them fully, and turned over on his side so he wasn't facing me. I sighed, and fell back onto the bed. I turned so I was facing the wall, and I soon was able to fall asleep for the rest of the night.

(*)=(*) The Next Morning, brought to you by the Bad Touch Trio (*)=(*)

I woke up to see Gilbert gone, and I sat up fully. I could hear orders being shouted, and the voice sounded panicked. I got out of bed and opened the door, I see all the crew members sharpening their swords, tending the cannons, or cleaning their pistols. I see Gilbert has on his uniform, hat and cape.

His spiky snow hair was kept under a Prussian blue sailor hat, white feathers stuck out from the back and draped the side like a curtain. He had on a messy jabot around his throat. His cape was a beautiful royal red, lined with gold near the jabot. His shirt was also a Prussian blue, lined with gold. He had red cuffs at the ends and they too were lined with golden silk. His pants were a dark rusty tan, and he had on brown boots with golden buttons.

He looked at me, and he walked over while stuffing his sword into a holster on his waist. "What's going on?" I ask, crossing my arms. His red optics dart to the side and he looks at me again and worry clouds them.

"We have some British ships looking for you, they have changed their course for our direction. So we are - MEN GET DOWN!" Gilbert yelled, grabbing my shoulder and forcing me to crouch with him as a cannon ball flew overhead and landed in the water.

"So we are going to fight zhem, Laura is already deep in the cargo bay, I want you to hide with her." He said, and I looked to where the cannon ball had been fired. There were three British ships and they seemed of a big size.

"But ... Won't you need all hands on deck? That is a lot of British soldiers to fight." I say, but Gilbert shakes his head and starts to push me off towards the cargo bay.

"Nein, we can handle it. Now, go on." Gilbert grunted, pushing me below deck and then walking back to his crew. I walked deeper into the cargo bay to see Laura sitting on the floor with a bored expression. Upon seeing me, her frown deepened a little.

"I see Captain Jackass has sent you down below deck too?" She asked, and I nodded. "He didn't touch you did he?" She asked, her brows furrowed.

"No, he didn't. If he did, I would have gladly beaten him up myself." I said, and she nodded in approval. I sat down across from her and we just sat there in silence. We looked up at the sound of gun shots and swords clashing, I was standing up in seconds.

"Molly, you can't do anything. Just sit and wait." Laura sighed, and I curled my hands into fists. Sitting back down, we continued waiting, fear eating away at me.

Gilbert's Pov.

Slicing my sword through the British soldiers shoulder, blood soaked his uniform and I kicked the soldier as I yanked the sword out of his flesh. Blood dotted my hands as I finished him off with a swift stab in the back of his neck. I grabbed my flintlock pistol and I looked to my right to see Ludwig kicking a soldier off of Arthur. I shot the soldier in his chest, and he fell lifeless.