The Wedding

The day my mom and dad got divorced was the worse day of my life. Since then everything has been a downward spiral, but now shes really pushing it. Who does she think she is trying to marry someone half her age? My mom is a cougar and im not proud of it, but here me and my older brother are on the way to their wedding acting as if everything is fine.

"Whats wrong T?" my brother says while giving me a slight nudge with his elbow with his other hand on the steering wheel.

"Nothing, just upset you know? She is acting like nothing wrong is going on. Hes half her age for fucks sake." I spit making sure to add some attitude at the end. Mike does nothing besides grip my hand holding it as we ride in silence.

When we finally arrive the setting is nice, a casual church decorated for the wedding with white tulips and sparkly lights. I look over the crowd looking for any familiar faces, and then i see him. My dad. He looks so sad and is trying to pretend to be happy. Its not fair. She can move on, but leaves him with all the baggage. 

I make my way over to the bar being self conscious of my body. Im 5'5" and 290 lbs. When I move i jiggle. As much as I love myself this pink body-con dress is not doing me justice. 

"Whats up T? Markus says while shaking someone else drink pouring what looks like a blue lagoon. 

"One screwdriver please" I say with a sad sigh at the end. Markus shakes his head making his smirk noticeable. 

"Serving alcohol to a 17 year old would be great right? One Shirley Temple coming up." He adds his signature chuckle.