Gil || Blueberry Pie

Requested: YES/NO: Hey there love your book btw i was wondering if you could do a Gil x reader oneshot where they both have a crush on each other and are baking together and then they play with frosting for a bit and then the reader points at their lip to tell Gil he has frosting on his lip but Gil being himself thinks the reader is asking for a kiss and kisses her. After you can decide what happens from there.

Gender: they/them, none. (child of LaFou)

Description: you loved midnight baking, when you can sleep one night you find yourself accompanied by a dear friend; one who loved blueberries.

Warning: none? kissing?

-------

Midnight baking was somewhat of an underrated skill, a skill you had acquired during numerous sleepless nights during school as well as younger. Being the kid of LaFou wasn't exactly frowned upon but it wasn't smiled upon either, your father was fine with Belle and her beast being king and queen and wasn't following Gaston as the years went by, Maurice was the one to teach you how to bake as well as mechanics and engineering; classes you excel at in school of course. You hummed along to a song stuck in your head as you gathered the ingredients from the cookbook you where reading off of, you haven't tried this recipe many times, normally you would write in your own little booklet with every recipe you tried as well as how well it went and a rating of the taste, however tonight was just forgetting the world and focus on baking. Focus, well, you were focused, really well, that's why you didn't hear the footsteps of someone walking into the kitchen, or the cough.

"Um, excuse me?" you jumped as your hand flew to your heart and you held out a pan to use for a fight as you finally saw who the intruder was.

Gil.

"Bloody hell Gil, scare me much?" you laughed softly as you put the pan back in its rightful place as the boy walked towards you.

"I didn't mean to, I didn't know anyone else would be in here" Gil said as he stood next to you, overlooking your shoulder which twitched from his close proximity.

"Gil can..Gil you're a little close right now can you?" you asked, Gil realised what you meant and stepped back with a shy smile.

"Oh right, sorry," he gave a tight smile, "didnt...didnt realise, i dont realise a lot apparently" Gil said apprehensive as he looked around the kitchen, you opened your mouth to say something but Gil continued before you could, "you could still use that pan against me though" Gil said with a laugh as he pointed to the pan hanging from its rack.

"Worked for Rapunzel, im sure itll work again" you said confidently with a smile, Gil lent in a little but it was only his top half, he stayed where he stood and was trying to see what you where making, you moved the book closer to the boy for him to look.

"Blueberry pie?" Gil questioned, "at 1 in the morning?" you nodded.

"Helps the focus," you said with a smile, "they're the uh, they're the berries you like from the forest; Jay told me about the little adventure you guys had while you ate, i tried them and i really liked them too so i'm using them in this pie recipe!" you said happily as you started getting the ingredients together. Gil rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet with his hands behind his back as he kept quiet, the clinking of things hitting each other every now and then was the only sound, "wanna help?" you asked with a cheeky and knowing grin, Gil nodded and moved forward.

"What can i do?" he asked as he rubbed his hands together, you smiled.

"First you can wash your hands and then start rolling out the crust while I start on the filling" you grinned, Gil nodded and moved over to the sink. You took these few seconds to really look at Gil; his hair was down and slightly messy (like his hands were running through his hair), he was wearing a simple shirt with the sleeves cut into a tank and gray sweats hung on his hips nicely, you could tell because they were indented under the shirt.