Part 19

On 28th of August 2020, Chadwick Boseman passed away. We will miss you very much but we know you are in a better place now. No matter what, you will always be the Black Panther, the king.

RIP

===========

Question: Does anyone actually read the notes I write at the end of a part? If not I can put them at the start here instead.

=========

Roaming through the house, you looked for the kitchen. It was past midnight and everyone had fallen asleep.

Originally you were going to talk with Alex but he went to bed early. Alex was the only person you felt you could talk to in the topic of feelings and emotions.

Charles was definitely not the person to go to since your feelings were for him. Erik was out of the equation too.

Sean was a terrible flirt. Raven, maybe, but she was Charles's sister and she seemed to like Erik too.

Moira wasn't always comfortable to talk to and Hank was definitely did not seem the type for advice.

You reached the kitchen. You jumped slightly when you saw a figure sitting at the table. You recognized the well combed hair and tall figure bent over what you presumed to be a book.

"Hey Spectacles." you said cheerily, waking into the room.

Hank gave a yelp and turned to face you. He then gave a groan.

"Do you have to call me that?" he grumbled rubbing his temples.

"Yup."

You caught sight of the glass and bottle next to his book. Sitting down, you made a glass out of your dark matter and grabbed the bottle by the neck. He stared at the glass.

"So you can make other objects that aren't life threatening." he said after you'd taken a sip."

You laughed. Then remembering everyone was sleeping you stopped.  You looked at the thick book.

"I didn't think you could drink. Do you always drink when you read?" you asked.

Hank sighed. "Only when I really can't get my head around it. I've been trying to understand this formula but it's really complicated."

"Can you tell me about it?" You said, drawing your chair next to his.

The next two hours were enveloped in the topic of science and chemistry. Hank was a good teacher and explained different formulas and theories clearly. Though you understood only about half of what he was talking about you enjoyed it and gained some new knowledge.

By the time you finished, the bottle was empty. Hank shut the book with a snap.

"I believe that concludes our study for the day. Class dismissed." he said finishing off with a yawn.

You took the bottle in one hand and the glasses in the other and put them on the kitchen counter. Then, opening the freezer you looked at the ice-cream.

"Hey, you want ice-cream?" you said, selecting for yourself a tub of (your favorite ice-cream).

He asked. "Is there Rocky-Road?"

Putting it in front of him along with a spoon, you sat down, put your feet up on the table and started to dig in.

The room was quiet as you enjoyed your late-night snacks.

Hank spoke up. "You know, Charles really likes you."

Pausing with the spoon midway you stared at him. He didn't seem to mind and continued to enjoy his ice-cream.

"Look me in the eye and tell me who put the idea in your head."

He blushed. "Well, Raven might have told me at some point. But he really does seem to like you. The question is do you like him?"

You put the spoon down and held the tub in your hands.

"I think so. Actually, yes, I'm certain I like him. But there's a teeny weeny problem."

Hank watched you closely as he swallowed. You sighed, putting the ice-cream on the table.

"I think I like Erik too." you confessed.

"KACK!"

Hank choked on his ice cream. You had to pat his back for several minutes. His face slowly changed from red back to its natural color. He stared at you with bulging eyes.

"You're kidding right?" he asked.

You slumped onto the table. "What do I do?! I can't like them both!"

"Well, it seems like you already do." you heard him say. Lifting your head up slightly you glared at him. He shifted uncomfortably under your gaze.

"If I were you I'd go for Charles." you raised a questioning eyebrow. "You're not even sure if Erik likes you (and he's such a cold, emotionless person) and Charles is probably almost in love with you. You guys seem to hang out together a lot too."

You pushed yourself up, sighing as you grabbed the slightly melted down ice-cream. "I guess your right." you breathed. "I do like Charlie more than Erik."

You grinned at him as you slurped ice-cream. He looked at you confusedly before you started to giggle.

"I just never thought I'd be getting this type of  advice from you. You're a romantic yourself. " He blushed again. "What about you and Raven? You guys seem to hang out a lot and you keep ogling at her. Does she like you back?"

Hank was silent for a moment. "She doesn't like me that way." he said sadly. He bit his lip. "Why should she like me, not only an I a geek and a mad scientist, my mutation is horribly bizarre and disgusting. I won't be surprised if I die alone. A bachelor with only friends instead of family."

You got up from your chair. "Oh sweetie." you said as you wrapped your arms around him from behind. "Don't think so terribly about your mutation. As for Raven, if she can't or won't accept you for who you are she's blind and she's missing out on one of the most amazing people I know. And you won't 'die alone' because you do have family."

He craned his neck to look at you. A smiled played on your lips.

"Us. And if not the others they can go and fuck off cause you're always going to have me."

He smiled at you gratefully and you both went back to eating your ice-cream.

==============

Date - Sunday , 30 August , 2020
Time - 3:49 a.m.
Word count - 980

I wanted to do a chapter with Hank cause he's such a sweet guy. Tell me your thoughts.

Please vote.

C. Riverbend