The door creaked open and I gritted my teeth and took a quick peek at Jali to make sure he was still sleeping before slipping out the door and closing it behind me. The house was eerily quiet as I tip toed down the hallway to the stairway.

At the bottom of the stairs I turned in the direction of the faint conversation and headed that way hoping that there would be someone willing to help Jali, at least. Upon entering the living room I was surprised to see Set, Declan and Owen as well as all their fathers sitting there talking.

"Glad you're finally awake." Nicholai spoke up once he noticed me stopped in their doorway.

"Um..." Was all the response I could muster as they all sat there, not attacking me.

"How are you feeling?" Set questioned me.

"Fine, I think." I replied almost hesitantly, confused at their concern. Then my mind went back to the reason I came down here in the first place. "But Jali is really hurt. His life force, or energy, or whatever you want to call it was practically sucked out of him. He's seems okay but I don't know what type of damage may have been done."

"Okay, calm down. We already called someone to come check both of you out. I just need you to relax and tell us what's going on." Declan spoke slowly as he rose from his seat beside his mates and approached me. He reached his arms out and instinctively I flinched back away from him. 

"Sorry." I whispered as his hands dropped back down to his sides. What was wrong with me? If anything he should be the one afraid of me.

"It's fine. Come talk to us." He walked back to his seat but not before pointing out a seat for me. All of them sat quietly as I recounted the events that led me to this point.

**************************************************************************

"That brother of mine can be an idiot some times." Set sighed. "There are better ways to handle situations like yours. Especially since you had already been punished."

"Forget your brother! What about that psycho mate thief?" Owen protested with a cute, little pout.

"Or your actual mate?" Declan interjected as I swallowed and took a deep breath, trying to keep my composure and not think too much about it. What I really needed was a drink or two to erase it all from my memory, if only for a night.

"So that's why you came here instead of going home?" Nicholai asked.

"Yes." Was my simple reply. There was no telling what my father would do if I actually went back home after escaping from there. He might have sided with Jelani and somehow manage to send me back. "But don't worry as soon as Jali is able to travel we'll be out of your hairs." 

"No need. You can stay as long as you want." Mateus sighed.

"Huh?" Now I was definitely confused.

"Stay. As. Long. As. You. Want." Damien replied, slowly enunciating each word as if I couldn't understand English.

"Damien he's not dumb, he's just confused." Imani chuckled as he rolled his eyes at his mate.

"Why would you let us stay here? Especially after everything..." I trailed off not really wanting to speak about what I put them all through. I didn't understand how they could easily allow me of all people to stay here with them. Didn't they remember what I did?

"Yeah what you did in the past was shit but we already forgave you for that. Just know that if you try anything like that again we won't be so lenient." Declan growled.

My brain was fried. There was too much going through it to properly focus on one thing. Not too mention that my emotions were already all over the place which led to my second break down of the day. I could feel the tears slowly rolling down my cheek and I reached up to desperately wipe them away. I was a god for Ra's sake. I shouldn't be acting like this. What was wrong with me?