I like you a latte - GGtastic

Start from the beginning

~Timeskip~

It's a bit odd. Vian hasn't seen Gab in like...a month. He's not sure what happened. It's kind of funny, he never thought he would be so worried about someone who's just a customer. The inkling shakes his head, snapping himself out of his own thoughts. "I'm sure it's fine..." He mutters, turning his attention back to cleaning. Soft music playing though the cafe while he's closing up shop.

Vian straightens up and goes to put away the broom he's holding. It's awfully quiet, he thinks. Jay and Fyrus are nowhere to be seen. That's not fair, leaving Vian to finish cleaning up. He decides to find them, so he can scold them on having to clean up as well. Peaking his head in the break room, he sees Fyrus with his head down on the table. Jay sitting next to him. The octoling looks up and quietly shushes Vian. "He's asleep." 

"Had a bad day?" He asks. It's rare for any of them to fall asleep on the job. 

"Yeah, idiot was up all night and barely slept." Vian raises an eyebrow. 

"And how do you know that?" 

"He told me when we started this morning." Jay explains. "And he didn't want to sleep after out first shift."

"Well could you help me clean up at least?" Vian asks, gesturing to the broom he's still holding. "I'll get the counters if you get the tables." Jay nods and grabs some of the cleaning supplies from a nearby cabinet. 

As they finish cleaning up, Vian decides to poke some fun at Jay. "So you and Fyrus huh?" He sees Jay slightly freeze up. 

"What about us?" The music still playing is the only thing filling the silence between the two of them. 

"All I'll say is that you should tell him how you feel soon. The park nearby is a nice place to confess, it's pretty when the autumn leaves fall." Vian casually says, smiling when we sees Jay get even more flustered. 

"I'll...Take your advice on that" Jay mutters. Putting the supplies away and walking over to the sleeping Fyrus. 

~Timeskip~

Gab finally made it back home. He wasn't expecting to be gone for so long but he had to stay to help his dad with a health issue. Thankfully everything is okay, but Gab wanted to make sure his dad was fully better before coming back. He adjusts his straw boater as the cold winter air blows past him. It's too cold for this, a nice drink should do just the trick. It's been a while since Gab has been to Cafe Inkspresso, so why not go back He's been craving a drink from the cafe for the whole time he was back with his parents. Gab sets to walk down the block to the small cafe.

The sound of the door opening and the cold wind being blown inside pulls Vian's eyes up from the cash register. His eyes widen before he realizes he's staring and he looks away. There in the doorway, standing in line is Gab. The pink-haired inkling is slightly flushed from the cold outside weather. Vian has to admit, he looks really cute. 

"Ooo looks like you're little friend is here." Jay whispers to him as the octoling passes behind him to another counter. Thankfully, no one but Vian heard. Vian managed to help Jay and Fyrus get together, which made him think of Gab, and how he'd like something like that with him. He shushes the octoling and turns back to the customers. As Gab finally gets his chance to order, Vian makes a point to speak first.

"Medium mocha with two shots of espresso right?" Vian says without looking up. When he does, he sees Gab looking at him in shock, his mouth is slightly. 

"How- How did you remember that? I haven't been here in months!" He exclaims. Vian rubs his neck in embarrassment.

"You were a regular and I always took your order. I remember your order because it was a bit concerning how much coffee you drink..." The two of them blushing.