Prologue

My mother told me once; 'the devil will come in the form of what you've always wanted.' It was true. He didn't come with red horns and a pitchfork. He came in the form of something you always dreamed of and tricked you into thinking he was an angel.

I was stupid. I was damn idiotic to fall in love with him. To fall under his charm, his ridiculously good looks and those fucking hypnotizing, hazel eyes that held what I once believed to be love. Like I said, I was stupid. I thought I finally found what I had been wanting since I was a little girl. It wasn't just me right? Every little girl dreamed of her prince charming. The one that would save her from her fears, protect her from her enemies and love her like she was the only one that consumed his thoughts, day and night.

For a short time, I was happy. I felt like no matter what kind of obstacles God threw at me, I would be fine. Why? I thought I had the guy I dreamed of all those years ago. I felt the happiness I used to feel when I was that little girl who would dream such ridiculous things. I thought I would never feel the pain I felt when my parents were so cruelly taken away from me. I was wrong. I couldn't have been more wrong. The pain was worse.