Thirty-five

Chapter thirty-five:
"Who I fell in love with"

Chapter thirty-five:"Who I fell in love with"

[☁]

The sight knocked the air out of Muichiro's lungs. You had dressed up in the cutest clothes possible, given to you by your unofficial big sister, Shinobu. Hair perfectly brushed, lips perfectly painted in a shy shade of pink. From head to toe, it was perfection in the eyes of the mist pillar, whose words were stuck.

"I'm going now, master! I'll be back at seven as I promised" you said, turning on your heels to cross the door.

He stood there, waiting, although inside he felt unease.

"Okay. Remember that if he tries to touch you, cut off his hands like I taught you."

You nodded, unconsciously touching the handle of your nichirin.

And with that, you headed out to your date. It was odd that, being a demon slayer, you could still allow yourself to do things like that. Considering that you had done around three missions in a row, you wanted to rest up a bit. The meeting place was in middle of the plaza, and afterwards you were going to a restaurant.

『 °*• ❈ •*°』

The demon slayer was waiting in the plaza patiently. He was taller than Muichiro, but had much shorter brown hair and emerald eyes. He smiled when he saw you, and introduced himself too. His name is not important, so no need to mention it.

You two started heading towards the restaurant, you were looking straight at the floor and kept your distance, due to being the anxious person that you were.

"I'm nervous" he declared out of the blue, to which you raised your head in complete astonishment. He looked at your reaction with the corner of his eye, and chuckled "You're a pillar's tsuguko. Your master is very cold so I expected you to be just like him, but... I got really flustered when I saw that you're much kind-looking than him!"

You excitedly nodded, remembering Muichiro's cold exterior.

Ah~! But he's so sweet on the inside! Like a candy, hard on the outside and sweet and soft on the inside~!

Wait, no! I shouldn't be thinking that!

You clapped your cheeks in order to forced yourself to focus, frowning determinedly. The guy found your reaction odd, but shrugged.

You sat on the restaurant's table that was the closest to a window. He ordered the menu, assuming that you were too shy to ask for one yourself. He also had to speak up for what you wanted to eat because your voice sounded like a squirrel, rushed and quiet.