Twenty

Chapter twenty:
"Triggering social anxiety"

Chapter twenty:"Triggering social anxiety"

[☁]

Covering your face with your left arm's kimono sleeve, you felt the heat rise to your poor cheeks. Muichiro had to drag you all the way to the Ubuyashiki estate holding your hand, hence why your heart was beating so fast against your chest. Your soul was about to leave your body for good, when he halted and freed his hold on you.

"We're here"

You looked up, admiring the immense mansion that was familiar to you. It had been four months since that moment in which you woke up with a life purpose other than being a caterpillar inside a hospital's four walls. When you snapped out of your daze, your master was nowhere to be seen.

"Tokito-sama?" you looked around, anxiously fidgeting right in the entrance of the mansion.

The door was open, he probably just kept walking towards the meeting's place. For you, it was either enter to the house like he had advised you to or stay outside.

Definitely outside. I don't want to encounter anyone inside there, I'd be awkward.

A light tap on your shoulder made you jump in your spot, taking several steps backwards defensively.

"Eek!"

A person  dressed from head to toe, a kakushi, was standing right before you.

"[Y/N]-sama? Tokito-sama informed us of your visit. Come on inside, do you want tea?"

Why would you ask that? I can't reject your kindness, it's going to make you feel bad and I feel bad when people feel bad.

You limited yourself to nodding, repeatedly, scaring the poor female kakushi. Nonetheless, she guided you to the common room and got you a cup of warm tea. You wouldn't have been panicking so much if not for the fact that you were inside someone else's house, which felt almost like trespassing another's scared territory inside your anxious brain.

And, well, there was also the fact that a creepy and beautiful doll was sitting in the cushion in front of yours. Her large lilac-pink eyes were set on yours, displaying a gentle smile while drinking her tea peacefully.

She was starting to give you goosebumps, as she silently stared at you with her large eyes. Not once did she say a word, nor moved any other muscle than necessary. Although she was insanely beautiful, both your bashful personality and her Mona Lisa-like eyes wouldn't have let you praise anything about her, or move an inch closer.