Zephyr

I don't know why I agreed to join this Idiot whom I call my best friend sitting beside me, waiting for our drinks to arrive.

I hate going to clubs, I could've stayed at my office and worked instead of wasting time like this.

"Hey, chill Man!" Daniel slapped my shoulder.

I closed my eyes and let out a long breath as I rubbed my temple "How will I chill in a noisy place like this!" I grumble looking at him pointedly.

He smirked and stood up, "I'm going near Ruby!"

My eyebrows pulled together into a frown, Who is she?

"Who is she?" I asked

His eyebrows shot up "Don't you remember that pretty girl we had lunch with?"

I thought back onto today's incidents.

"I didn't notice" I lied.

"How will you notice when you were busy staring at Athena" He chuckled

My eyes widened by his words, I wasn't staring at her I was merely observing her.
"I wasn't, I've got many things on my plate rather than waste my time staring at a useless girl like her."

"Whatever, I'm going!" he waves his hand and walked but stopped on his track and turned around, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

Now, what is he up to?

"FYI Athena is here if you change your mind!"
I narrowed my eyes, giving him a look 'will you please get lost'

He let out a throaty chuckle and vanished past the door.

I leaned back into the maroon sofa and sighed heavily,

Should I go and see her?

I slapped my cheeks what was I thinking?

She's just my personal assistant, a cute one at that!

Argh! I guess Daniel is rubbing off on me!

Damn him!

I took the glass of whiskey and downed it in one go. This should help.

Suddenly the Loud music stopped, and then my annoying assistant's voice travelled through the speaker.

"I would like to sing!"

Oh, that's it! I shrugged and continued to drink but then I spat when I realised what she said.

WHAT! SHE WANTS TO SING!!!

I bolted up from my seat and went downstairs to see what's happening.
I stepped onto the floor, first thing I noticed was a smiling Athena on the stage holding the mic ready to sing.

I pushed past the crowd to get her off the stage before she does something stupid that might embarrass me and my companies reputation.