XXXI: Snow Fight

Athena

Trying to avoid someone when that person is always around you is almost impossible but here I'm planning to act cool and Ignore Mr. King as if that kiss never happened. It has only been a day and lot of things have happened, staying here is dangerous for my poor heart as it can't control itself when it's around that hypnotising devil.

Last Night I couldn't get a wink of sleep, I tossed and turned to find a comfortable position to sleep but it was of no use. My mind constantly wandered to those dark eyes, and I felt tingles all over my lips at the thought of his soft lips on mine. Damn it! His charming looks can make any girl go haywire with feelings. After almost four hours, I managed to get some sleep and I woke up early before anyone else.

After freshening up, I went to the kitchen and prepared a cappuccino to get rid of my tiredness.

"You're up this early?" I almost spilt my coffee when I heard the voice which I've been hearing in my head frequently. What's with him always creeping up from nowhere?

I gripped my plain red coffee mug and closed my eyes, exhaling a breath before glancing at him. there goes my plan of ignoring him in the drain. He was wearing grey chinos and a maroon crew neck tee, the material clung to his skin, emphasizing his broad shoulder, well-defined chest and arms. His caramel hair was slightly messed up, those emerald eyes shone with amusement, My eyes subconsciously went towards his pink plump lips, aww so kissable!

I quickly looked back at my coffee, feeling the heat rise on my neck. Damn it, it should be made illegal to look this hot in the morning.

"umm..yeah" I mumbled meekly unsure of what to say.

"hmm," my eyes followed him move towards the counter and took the kettle which had extra coffee. I then realised he only drank black coffee "I'll make some for you," I said as I stood up, he glanced at me over his shoulder before picking a black mug from the cabinet above "I'm fine with this!" he shrugged, his back muscles flexing with every movement. My throat became dry and I unconsciously wet my lips.

"I thought you preferred black," I raised an eyebrow.

"There's no harm in trying something new," he smirked as he poured the coffee into the mug. Why do I feel like there's something hidden behind his words?

I sat back and sipped on my coffee, my eyes were wandering everywhere but him. I stiffened when he pulled the chair beside me and sat there, I sucked a breath when his warm arm grazed my skin, goosebumps irritated my skin.

why is he sitting here? that too besides me.

what should I do? If I walk away it would make him suspicious, I should act calm and collected. yes, I should do that.

"What are you thinking about?"

"What?" I blurted out like an idiot, not realising he was observing me. Since when did he become so comfortable around me?

"You've been nodding at yourself for some time." I could see the small smile on his lips, oh those dmaned lips I want them again. I blinked my eyes few times."Umm.. I was just thinking what to do today, yeah, that's it." it sounded more like convincing myself than him.

"Are you sure?"

"what's with you asking so many questions?" I asked irritated by his annoying self.

"I thought you might wanna ask about yesterday." he shrugged, bringing the mug up to his lips as he took a sip, his Adam's apple bobbed so sexily, the way he liked his lower lip...F**k! I'm losing my sanity. My eyes widened when I realized what he said.