Chapter 7: New Beginning

Heyy guyys! The next chapter will be updated by Wednesday. Though I can't tell you what's going to happen, there is going to be new and exciting things that you won't see coming, so stay tuned.🙊🙉🙈

Ana's P.O.V

The next morning I woke up even though I wish I hadn't. I wish that I could just stay asleep forever. That no one would wake me so I wouldn't have to face my inevitable doom. Going to school today would be like commiting suicide because Bugger boy would be there. Though I hadn't seen what exactly happened after I blacked out, I'm pretty sure he won't have stopped unless someone (Brian) forced him to. He'd find some way to blame this on me and make me pay even worse then before. The mere thought made me shudder.

I got dressed slower than necessary trying to avoid leaving the safety of my home. It seems that everything has fallen apart since Liam left me. I have no one to talk to and now no one to protect me. I procrastinated as long as I could before my mom eventually kicked me out the house.

I'd purposefully left my hair down so I wouldn't have to look anyone in the face, especially HIM. But lucky for me he wasn't there yet so I relaxed a little as I feel back into my seat. That calm only lasted about ten minutes before he walked into the class room. I took the chance of peeking up at him through my hair. He had his head down and shoulders hunched over as he made his way to his seat. I could see faint hints of multiple bruises covering his skin. I was now staring openly at him and I knew he could feel my gaze, but he didn't turn. Finally he snuck a glance at me and I almost laughed when I saw him cringe. I put my hand in fists and puffed my chest out as if I were going to attack him and actually did laugh when I saw him jump back in fear. I didn't know what Brian did to Daniel in the short period of time I was distracted, but I didn't care. I was just glad he did it because now I had one less thing to worry about. I had to thank him.

When the bell rang I ran to the front of the class room to catch up with Brian, but he was already out of the door.

"Wait up," I called after him. I pushed passed people, muttering apologize as I went.

He finally turned around and waited for me to catch up with him."Hey," I said coming to a stop in front of him.

"Hey Ana, sup."

"I just wanted to thanks for yesterday."

"Yeah its no problem. I just saw you were in trouble and I couldn't just walk away."

"I really appreciate Brian. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't stop them. I was wondering if maybe youd like to go the park now and just...," I don't know why, but I was very anxious about his answer. I wanted him to like me. Luckily I didn't have long to ponder my revaluation because he reponded.

"Yeah sure I don't have to be home for another hour."

"Great!" I tried to keep the excitement out of my voice.

The park was just around the corner so we didn't have far to walk. Since it was a nice day there were a lot of people at the park. Boys were playing basketball, children were on the monkey bars, and people were walking there dogs. We decided to sit on a bench in the corner of the park. At first it was really awkward but once we broke the ice we were talking like old friends.

"So what made you decide to come to our school. I mean it's nothing special."

"My dad's job got transferred from England to here in California. I mean it sucked. I didn't want leave my life in England, but I didn't have a choice."

I decided to steer the conversation in a safer direction. I didn't want to bring back bad memories for him. By the time it was time to leave he'd made me laugh about a gazillion times. To the the point where I had tears running down my face and I was gasping for breath. He pushed me on the swings and I kept saying higher until he push me so high I almost fell off the swings. For the first time since Liam left me I felt alive. But there was one thing that keep nagging on my brain.

"Hey Brian, how did you get Daniel to stop."

I saw him stiffen. All the light playfulness from earlier was gone." I just pushed him of you. It was no big deal," his voice sounded guarded.

That still didn't explain why Bugger Boy stopped. There was at least three other guys with him they could have easily beaten up Brian as well, and what about his bruises?

I decided not to question Brian about it because I didn't want to ruin the evening. He insisted on walking me home even though I said it wasn't necessary. Once we got to my porch he turned to me.
"Until next time, love." He bent forward and kissed my hand before turning to leave.

I stood there for a moment with a stupid grin on my face before opening my front door. My mother was in the kitchen making soup. She turned to look at me and asked, "What's up with you?"

"Oh, nothing," I replied sheepishly. She gave me one of those I don't believe you, but I don't have any proof so I'm going to leave it alone for now looks, then returned to her cooking.

I skipped up to my room feeling better than I had in a long time. I had made a new friend! I wasn't alone anymore. Even though Brian had a lot of secrets, he was still a really nice person to be around and who knows, maybe I'll be the one to discover all those secrets.