Chapter 5: The New Kid

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my mom because today is her birthday. Without her this book wouldn't be possible because I would be alive to write it lol.

Ana's P.O.V

It's been one month, two weeks, four days, and eight hours since I last spoke Liam. Not that I haven't tried. Every time I've seen him walk pass my house, I'd call out his name and plead with him to talk to me. To tell me what happened, and every time he would look the other way and continue walking as though I don't exist.

I haven't been myself since then. It's like something is missing. I was fine before I met him. Content with being a wallflower, but ever since I got a taste of what it's like to have someone to confide in, I can't go back to being by myself.

I lay awake in bed my thoughts consumed with him. If he feels the same, but I know he doesn't. He was the one who stopped talking to me and thinking about it will only hurt me further.

There is a light knock on my door before my mom pokes her head in.

"It's time to get up and start getting ready for school, honey."

"I don't feel well can I just skip today?"

"That's the third time this week. What's going on?"

"Nothing mom. I don't want to talk about it."

"Alright well if you're not going to tell me what's going, you can't miss another day of school."

I wasn't about to tell her about Liam, so I sucked it up and started getting ready for school.

Walking into class I prepare myself for another lonely day of school. The first hour was as expected everyone pretended as thought I didn't exist. Which I was okay with because they could be teasing me instead. Everything was going smoothly until the worst thing happened. The booger boy from first grade turned around and spotted me. That's right I call him the booger boy his real name shall never be spoken.

Booger boy used to tease me every day in school until he finally got bored last year and ignored me too. Now he's looking at me with an evil glint in his eyes and I know today is going to be different.

Suddenly the door to the classroom opened interrupting my inner freak out. In walked a kid about my age. He was kinda cute in a boyish way. He stroud over to the teacher and handed him a sheet of paper. The teacher scanned the paper briefly before announcing that his name was Brian, that he would be in our class for the rest of the year and to make him feel welcome. Everyone immediately surrounded him attacking him with questions. I even heard a couple girl call him hot.

The rest of the day went by without anymore incidents. It seems that Booger boy forgot about his earlier plans of torment and I was free to leave. About a block a way from the school I had this strange feeling that I was being followed. I turned around slowly to see none other than Booger boy and some of his friends right behind me.

"What do you want," I said nervously. He had this stupid gin on his face, that made my stomach turn.

"Your such a loser. No wonder your always by yourself. Who would want to be friends with an ugly nobody like you."

"Look just leave me alone," I said backing away.

"I don't think so you little brat." He started toward me with purpose and before I knew it he had shoved me to the ground. My head hit the concert with a thud. Next thing I know all his friends joined in and started kicking me on the ground. I was beginning to lose consciousness when the blows stopped coming. I braced myself for the next one but that never came. I willed myself to open my eyes. The boys were no longer there, but in their place was the new kid. He stood over me looking concerned.

"Are you okay," he asked and I realized he has bit of an English accent.

"Yeah I'm fine. Your voice is pretty," I said my voice a little hoarse.

I saw him give a slight smile before everything went black.