Entry 2. (tw: blood)

Entry 2        February 5, 2760

Dear Diary,

I hurt myself attempting to skin a chicken today. I lost a lot of blood and I've been feeling loopy. I don't know what to do and I'm panicking a lot. I dried the blood with toilet paper and found medicine in the cabinets. I remember my mom putting it on my knee when I scraped it when I was younger.

I used mom's sewing kit to stitch it up, I put the medicine on it and wrapped it in toilet paper. I used duct tape to keep it together, I hope that doesn't hurt my arm.

I can't use that arm now. Meaning I cant pick crops. I have to hold down the stem with my foot and pick the food with my other arm, it's really hard. That arm was my writing arm. It hurts to write this but I'm hoping someone, anyone will find this one day and know that there's another person out here too. Maybe they'll take me away from this place.

I've missed my parents and my baby sister recently. I keep their pictures in my bag. I don't know how much longer I have until Lady Elenora finds it and takes it away.

My anxiety has gotten worse. I've been having panic attacks recently. I really hope they don't hear me. I don't want to die.

I'm starting to hear my parents laugh all the time. I think it's a hallucination but I miss them so much. Why did they take them and not me?

I found my phone. I still have service but the internet is empty and dead. I've been spam posting on twitter hoping somebody will see.

God, I hope there's someone out there. It's so lonely. I hate being stuck with my stupid thoughts. I want to go home.

I ate two corn cobs and some cow meat today. I feel well-fed. I was really lucky today.

I think Lady Aramina heard me writing earlier today. I had to hide me and my paper in the closet. She's terrifying. I'm scared. She's been standing outside my room for the past hour and i have to write this in my closet. I hope she doesn't find me.

Sincerely, Dorothy Brown