"Yea, we've met." I think that might have come out a bit harsher than I intended because Randy's expression changes from a warm smile to surprise and confusion instantly. "I'm sorry. I have to go." I snatch my sketchpad from Lauren's desk and push past Randy at the door.

"Tootles, sissy. Nice to see you." Savannah waves to me as I rush to the elevator.

"Meredith" Lauren calls after me sympathetically. I don't stop.

When I get off on my floor, I run straight to the bathroom. As soon as I am inside, I burst into tears. What the actual hell is happening? There is no freaking way she actually earned her place here. She bought it, or sold herself into it or something like that.

I kind of had this suspicion when Lauren was telling me about the new intern. I knew her name was Savannah, but I never put the two and two together. I had no idea she would be across the country happening to work in the same firm as me after almost five years of not seeing each other. There is no way she would know I was here and I can't stand that we had to cross paths again. Oh my God, what if Ursula is here too. I will have to move countries this time, not just states to escape them.

When I am done feeling sorry for myself, I pull myself together again and wipe my eyes with a damp paper towel to tame my now smeared makeup. I fan myself a bit and pat my face a bunch to knock some sense back into myself. I walk out of the bathroom and stop at the water fountain first before heading to my next appointment. I'm almost ten minutes late now, but they're going to have to deal with it. I'll apologize later.

I put on my best fake smile like I'm used to doing and walk out onto the floor with my pad under my arm. I walk up to the couple sitting outside the door to my office. I check with my book first before I introduce myself. "Hello, Paige?"

The girl looks up to me with the brightest smile on her face. "Yes!"

"Hi, I'm Meredith and I'll be working with you today." I shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"You too. Who do we have with us today?" I scan across her small entourage.

"My sister Emma and my fiancé Connor." She introduces. I look down the line and freeze when I get to the last one. Connor, like the same Connor from the diner and the one I have run into on my way to work almost every day who still manages to "accidently" spill coffee on me at least once a week, yea like that Connor.

Both of our faces pale when we look at each other.

I rebound a lot faster than he does and I shake hands with Emma first, then him. "Nice to meet you." I smile.

I don't think anybody else paid much mind to the falter in our introduction thankfully.

"Well I don't usually let the fiancé into the appointments because I'm old fashioned and think the dress should be a surprise..." I offer to the bride.

"No, I want him to come in. I really would like his opinion." She smiles over at Connor.

"Okay, well then let's get started shall we?" I unlock my door and lead the way into my office. This day just keeps getting better and better.

Once everyone is in and seated, I can sense some slight apprehension in Connor and I pretend not to notice.

"So what is the budget to be mindful of?" I ask as I open my pad to begin the appointment.

"Umm, I think 3 or 4 ish thousand?" she looks to Connor. "Right, babe?"

"Uhh, yea." He fumbles.

"Okay," I scribble the number at the top of the paper. "And how do you see yourself on your big day?"

Paige and her sister Emma start shooting out everything that they want and don't want in the dress including the silhouette and neckline and beading, lace, etc. I scribble down all the notes as fast as I can. When the girls finally take a longer break than to just breathe, I start putting together a sketch of a dress that I think she is talking about. This is the most fun part of my job.