"So, do you 'lizardmen' all have names? And how about other races?"

"W-we all have names. In fact, every race that has a functioning society would have individual names."

Monsters with names but not evolving, huh? I must consult Rimuru-sama on this matter.

"Then, who is the leader of this group of yours? I wish to talk with him."

All the lizardmen looked towards the intimidating-looking lizardman, who was attempting to crawl away.

Souei smirked. "Oh? Leader of the pack running away from the situation?"

Chills ran through the lizardman's spine as Souei approached him.

Souei revealed a pair of shurikens as he kneeled down to greet him. "You're not going anywhere until this is finished."

Sasuga Souei-sama. So this is how you extract information from the captured enemy. I must train and learn more!

Soka pondered heavily as she keenly observed the situation.

"So, who ordered your lot to enter our territory through the portal?"

"I-I cannot disclose any information on the matter!"

Souei aimed the shurikens at him.

"W-wait! Wai-wait! I can explain everything. Just don't hurt me!"

"Then answer my question. Who sent you here?"

"Cocytus! We have a lord that rules our land named Cocytus! He is part of the elite force known as the 'Floor Guardians' that helps to keep our nation in order!"

"Tell me more about this nation of yours."

"It is called the Sorcerer Kingdom! It currently has one city, or you could say its capital named E-Rantel, but the power our nation wields is vast all thanks to our majesty, the Sorcerer King, Ainz Ooal Gown!"

"Running your tongue, aren't you?"

As Saluso came back to his senses, he saw his fellow lizardmen look at him in disappointment, wondering why he disclosed so much information.

"N-no! I didn't mean to say that! I—"

"Well, that info seems to be sufficient for now."

Souei puts his shurikens away. Saluso breathes a sigh of relief.

We still don't know much about their realm, but there seems to be another nation on the other side of the portal that has direct access to one of our major trade routes.

Souei scratched his head.

A <<Telepathy>> connected with Souei. It was Rimuru.

<Rimuru-sama.>

<Souei. Any information gathered from the portal?>

<Yes. We've encountered named monsters that resembled the lizardmen that live in the swamp.>

<Named lizardmen? Not named dragonewts?>

<Indeed, Rimuru-sama.>

<Hooo... Very well, Souei. Bring them to me.>

<It shall be done, Rimuru-sama.>

Souei closed <<Telepathy>>. He turned his attention towards the dragonewts.

"Escort them to the city of Rimuru. Rimuru-sama wants to have an audience with them."

"Yes sir!"

The lizardmen were yelled at to stand up and guided to the Blumund road.

Despite seeing it once already, the lizardmen could still not contain their surprise on how well the roads looked and were maintained. Souei and the dragonewts brushed off said reactions, as any newcomer seeing these roads reacted more or less the same.

Souei and the dragonewt could just teleport back, but since these "lizardmen" were from the other side of the portal, it's unsure if teleportation as a method of transportation is safe for them. So instead, they decided to walk on the road back to the city, albeit concealed in such a way that people on the road barely noticed their presence.

As they trekked, the dragonewts and lizardmen seemed to have lowered their tensions towards each other and began to talk in somewhat hearty conversations. The dragonewts were surprised that they lived in an environment similar to a swamp like they did, and the lizardmen were shocked to find out that they were once lizardmen but evolved into dragonewts upon receiving names.

"So you guys obtain new powers when being named?"

Soka nodded. "It only works on monsters though. Humans with names don't really do anything. Though, I'm surprised that in your world the names are even less significant."

Fafsu, who was talking to Soka, laughed. "Yeah, wished I evolved or obtained newer powers when I was named."

"However, naming in our world is hard to come by since it consumes magicules from the individual who is naming."

"Magicules? What's that?"

"It's like the magic power of an individual. Usually, the more magicules one possesses, the more powerful he or she is. It is used for casting magic spells, and can be used up and replenished over time."

"Ohhh, so it's like mana?"

"I don't know what this 'mana' thing is, but if the definition fits to what that term means in your world, I guess so."

***

Unbeknownst to the group, a black, slim figure overlooked the events unfold before his eyes. He chuckled as he saw the lizardmen-like beings.

"Kufufu, looks like this 'portal' is going to be more interesting than I expected."

Diablo kept a close eye on the party as they trekked towards the city of Rimuru.