A Fight

A/N: Hey, I'll just explain that starting from this chapter, there will be a flashback.

Disclaimer: This is based on my imagination only. I DO NOT OWN HAIKYUU

Typos and misspelled might be ahead. Please let me know.

——————————

As we planned, I got dressed nicely tonight. I'm not wearing sweatpants and a random shirt; I wanted to look nice because it's our 2nd anniversary. We've been dating since our second year of junior high.

I booked a cab so that I wouldn't be late for our dinner. I'm 10 minutes away from the restaurant, so I decided to text you.

                               To: ❤️ Babi ❤️
Hey, I'm almost there.

"You've arrived at your destination," the driver said, and I took my wallet so that I could pay. The price is kinda expensive, since it takes 45 minutes to get here. 

I got out and headed towards the entrance. "Reservation for (L/N) (F/N)," I answered, then smiled.

"I'm afraid that there's no booked reservation—" I cut her off.

"Kozume. Kozume, Kenma." Maybe he named the reservation under his name.

"Ma'am, there's no reservation under Kozume Kenma and (L/N) (F/N)." I was shocked. I chuckled and started feeling nervous.

"Would you like to have a table—"

"For two, please." I didn't let her finish. I didn't want Kenma to wait long for the food so, I ordered two medium stakes.

                                To: ❤️ Babi ❤️
                   Wya? I'm already here.

                   R u on ur way?

                    I miss you already 🥺

"Ma'am, should we serve your order?" I quickly shook my head.

"My boyfriends on his way, traffic." I chuckled so that it wouldn't be obvious that I was embarrassed. After that, the waiter left.

I can feel my stomach crumbling because of hunger. But I need to wait for my man. I don't want him to be unimpressed by me; I want to look good and feminine just for the time being.

Fr: ❤️ Babi ❤️
Sorry, I fell asleep.

Shoot! I forgot to call for a reservation. I'm sorry, babe. I cannot fetch you, right now. Ride home safely. Ily ❤️

                                To: ❤️ Babi ❤️
Uhm, K. Thank you for waking up. I might stay up here until tomorrow if you don't wake up.

Fr: ❤️ Babi ❤️
Sorry, I'll make it up. Promise! C'mon, don't be sad. I just got tired from playing and fell asleep. Don't take it seriously, babe.

                                To: ❤️ Babi ❤️
You always apologize, but you keep making it. You don't even have time for me! Are we still even dating?

"Excuse me, ma'am— " I cut her off.
"Check, please," I said, still looking at my phone. Biting my lips, preventing myself from crying.

Fr: ❤️ Babi ❤️
I'll make it up, I promise.
Don't be a brat over this y/n. I already said that I'm sorry.

                                To: ❤️ Babi ❤️
                  Wow. I just wasted my allowance on the cab and that damn steak! Now, you're telling me I'm a brat?!

Fr: ❤️ Babi ❤️
Then I'll pay for that stupid allowance of yours!

I can't hold it anymore. I let out a sign, and my tears burst out all of a sudden. "I even wear this stupid dress to look cute!" I mumbled. I sniffed before typing a reply.

                                To: ❤️ Babi ❤️
I don't need your money! Time, Kenma! Your damn time!

I turned off my phone. Not minding the people's stares, I'm really embarrassed. But still, I need to keep calm. It won't help if my anger takes over; I'll just look stupid. After the take-out arrived, I rushed towards the exit.

My eyes are getting blurry; I cannot see properly. It started raining, and it didn't even bother me. Maybe God's with me. The cab doesn't want me to take a ride because I'm wet.

I started crying again. People are starting to stare at me because I'm sniffing so loud. "Is this your first time seeing a girl crying? Why the hell are y'all staring at me?" I said, and they all looked away, except for a guy.

He walked toward me and said, "Hey, take this." He offered this jacket and handkerchief. I shook my head, stating that it was a no. Kenma will be mad if I accept other guys' things.

He didn't listen. He put a jacket on my shoulders, he took my hand, and gave me his handkerchief. "They won't let you ride if you're soaking wet." He smiled at me.

I stared at him for a while. "T-thanks," I stuttered. Someone called him, and he ran towards the other guy.

**time skip**
3rd person's POV

You entered your apartment, still crying. And you went straight to your bed, not even thinking of taking a shower or changing clothes.

You went under the comforter to find warmth because you started to feel cold. "He still loves me, right?" You questioned yourself.

"I still didn't tell you that my mom wants me to transfer! So why did we have to fight now?" You screamed at the top of your lungs.

"It's our 2nd anniversary," you mumbled. You cried and thought that you'd visit him so that both of you could talk about it personally. It's the weekend, and as their manager, you know that there's no practice on Saturdays and Sundays.

You planned it all before falling asleep.